Lee Beddis resigns from Crown?

And that staff consistency within BD and Cadets is reflected in all of their Gold Medals; there is a correlation if not an actual cause/effect.

God yes.....I keep waiting for SCV to take out the revolving staff door....

The eternal search for that magic formula doesn't often work in drum corps like it can in sports...you need to allow time for a staff to develop...props to Blue Stars on their entire staff returning in this regard.

Not to say you don't occasionally need to change the techs, but the cap heads are a far different matter, and Crown losing guard and drum cap heads after their recent rise to the top is worrisome, regardless of the reason.

• Like 1

So what are we going to decide for this resignation?

I’m leaning towards moving to Japan to complete Ninja school in a monastery – anyone care to alibi that by way of a relative?

He did a nice job and best of luck but I wouldn’t get hysterical based upon all we don’t know

I’ll let you know when to panic, promise

• Like 1

Championships aren't won by the hornline alone. ;)

Besides, Crown's hornline still hasn't figured out how to play together when spread more than 40 years apart. Low demand -> Lower score.

Pardon me if I don't have my sarcasm cap on but Crown has arguably, the best hornline in DCI. They've proven that the horn staff and members have what it takes to win the Ott. And if I recall correctly weren't they spread endzone to endzone at the end of Nimrod in 2010? And that was one of the best moments in their show that year!

• Like 5

Pardon me if I don't have my sarcasm cap on but Crown has arguably, the best hornline in DCI. They've proven that the horn staff and members have what it takes to win the Ott. And if I recall correctly weren't they spread endzone to endzone at the end of Nimrod in 2010? And that was one of the best moments in their show that year!

The Jim Ott is awarded at the field level, and as such, ensemble brass playing is not considered. Things like lateral/horizontal alignment, vertical alignment, balance, and blend are not criteria for the Jim Ott Trophy.

Frankly, it's the one thing I'd change about the current judging system. Get the brass judge off the field and into the box.

• Like 5

Man, I hope this means going back the original Green Machine and getting that Madison line on fire next year. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

This place gets so off topic in dicussions.

First, a topic about JD Shae leaving PR turns into discussion about marching staff treatment of members. Now a thread about Lee Beddis leaving Crown is turning into a discussion about Crown's hornline?

Regardless, I can dream about Lee making a triumphant to the Gold team up in Toledo but I don't see that happening.