2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

MBI is still on the field. Pictures are getting taken and such. Fortunately, the rain has let up, although that won't last long.

Wow .... what a weekend. I'm not sure that I can adequately describe what's just gone on ... but am again thankful of the work Kevin, Danielle, Jeff, Brent, Charlie, and the entire team have done.

CONGRATULATIONS to the Govenaires and Minnesota Brass .... and all of the corps that competed this weekend. We were thoroughly entertained.

Thank you to Gil Silva and the entire DCA team for their support and partnership. BRAVO on a spectacular weekend!!

See you in Annapolis next year!

-john

MBI tenor line just went over to the side one end zone, just so they could march across it as a line one last time.

• Like 2

"I only hope that Minnesota will make it to enough DCA shows to give a good defense to their well earned title - I've always worried (being a dinosaur) what would DCA be like with a Champion hundreds and hundreds of miles from (for instance) New Jersey."

I'm pretty sure the freeway travels east AND west. Come on over!

• Like 1

"I only hope that Minnesota will make it to enough DCA shows to give a good defense to their well earned title - I've always worried (being a dinosaur) what would DCA be like with a Champion hundreds and hundreds of miles from (for instance) New Jersey."

I'm pretty sure the freeway travels east AND west. Come on over!

It would be nice to see some eastern corps make the trip to the midwest. That could create more interest in the midwest to form a few new all-age corps and some more shows for the corps to compete in. Anything to counter how the activity has been shrinking because of DCI's touring model. DCA is the wave of the future for real corps.

What a historic night. Did someone say finals in MN soon?

Now you're really dreaming

Time for my annual congrats for an amasing streak that's still going strong: This is year number 24 that the Empire Statesmen have finished in the Top 4.

• Like 1

Antoine was the judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No further comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cakes - ah forget it... waste of time trying to tell you anything.

Edited by rayfallon

Congrats Brass! I can't imagine what guys like Roger Grupp and Tom Jones are feeling. Long time members of the corps who have been there so many years. Dave A., Cindy and Tisch, Jackie, John, any other long-term members I've missed and all the staff and support staff that have been there 10+ years.

Edited by Reeses0316