DCI 2012 Programs

And even further back, yet. The Blue Stars played some pieces from Holst's The Planets in '77 and '78.

And even further back, yet. The Queen's Hall Orchestra premiered the work in 1918. :tongue:

• Like 3

Crown is usually one of the last to announce...they like to keep things quiet. It's usually the worst kept secret in DCI but ... that's what they do :-) Hopefully people will respect *all* the corps' wishes this season and let each corps announce when and how they'd like to announce (even if you personally think the whole secret thing is kind of silly).

I've heard some recordings. Big surprise - Crown's hornline sounds good :blink:

Can you believe it??

• Like 1

Somebody posted a video of him playing through Crown's show music thus far on baritone. I don't want to post the link because he probably shouldn't have done this to begin with. I am just wondering if there are thoughts on this.

Somebody posted a video of him playing through Crown's show music thus far on baritone. I don't want to post the link because he probably shouldn't have done this to begin with. I am just wondering if there are thoughts on this.

Probably not a great idea for him to post it on Youtube...

You can see his face clearly, and many of us now know three of the pieces of music that Crown is playing. We don't know the show theme though...

I like one of the pieces of music. I played it in high school and college way back in the day. I'll reserve judgement on the last piece until I hear the whole ensemble.

I'm going to look for the original, but it's a pretty generic title...

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

I remember when you could just call up the BD hall and ask what they were playing. Now it's all cloak and dagger hush hush baloney!

I also remember when corps just played a bunch of different songs and not some theme. Oh well don't mind the theme idea so much but the secrecy sucks. I like it when you can research the music and get to know the material before hand so you can already follow the show first time out.

Yea. Its really ridiculous how corps make people swear to secrecy, as if it helps them score better in the upcoming season. Perhaps they should announce their show early to get a jump on the buzz???

Edited by FlamMan