NIU Football at it Again

Taking on the Toledo band this time.

http://www.hustlebelt.com/2011/11/2/2533287/northern-illinois-football-band-incident

Look, we're never going to figure out if he intentionally tried to blow up the band member with that shoulder — and they really need to more properly time when these convoys enter the field — but this looks pretty bad. If you run into someone on the street and knock them over, intention be ######, it's always important to apologize. Or at least buy him a new reed.

And for those of you who don't know your Huskies-Hate-Music history...

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=d6a4d382-6780-4801-932c-aee890f93818

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-07-17/news/0107170297_1_football-incident-bugler-football-players

Mike

Maybe he was just jealous that the bands were getting more applause than the football teams. :music:

• Like 6

That looks calculated to me, he jumps to his right to catch the marching member. Totally uncalled for.

• Like 3

"After reviewing the tape of last night's pregame encounter between our team and the University of Toledo's marching band, and discussing the situation with [NIU Director of Athletics] Jeff Compher, we have decided to suspend Jamaal for our next game," said NIU Head Coach Dave Doeren. "His actions were not representative of the Huskie football program. I met with Jamaal early this morning and he understands that and is extremely remorseful."

Story Here

This was a foolish action by Bass, but I probably would have done the same thing if they decided to run by the same time I was running onto the field. And you probably would as well.

from the same article Randy found................. No I wouldn't and how can you say it was a foolish action and then say you would do the same!!!! This guy is a total tool

nevermind... now that I can run the vid, I was looking at the wrong player....

As for the "r####d" label... how does throwing that around make us any better? :thumbdown:

s/ Guy who works with, is related to, neighbor of and is friends with mental handicapped people.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

Wow, when I saw this on Rockford's news last night I was stunned.

NIU does it again!

Football players in full gear and helmets plowing thru another group of musicians.

You would think that after the DCM problem, the Huskies would teach the team not to do it again!

Thanks for finding and linking us to the articles from 10 years ago, Mike.

I was at NIU the weekend the first event happened and remember that the drum corps kids did a pretty good job of standing up for themselves until several more football team members joined the 'occupation'. It put a big stain on NIU and DCM, with DCM taking the biggest fall (even tho it was the football players and coach that took the legal hits).

Miss those competitions at Huskie Stadium, but with episodes like this continuing to happen I doubt if DCI will ever consider going back to the NIU campus.

• Like 1

I'm sure that even if I weren't a bando I'd hate football players. So many retards.

HH

I've met my share of football players who have the personality of raw sewage. But that 'retards' label doesn't apply to the other 90 percent I've met.

Edit - so the filter takes the 'R' word singularly, but not plural

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar

To be fair, he only said "so many retards..."

And in my experience as well... he's correct. Many of them have complete disregard for anything but themselves.

• Like 1