NIU Football at it Again

Total D-Bag move. "We may never know if he intentionally threw his shoulder into the band member on purpose," but anyone with decent vision can clearly see that #6 certainly did nothing to not slam into the bando.

Not a surprise, but disappointing none the less...

• Like 1

Heh, I saw this on Deadspin and immediately wondered if this was the same team that got into it with a corps a few years back. Even came here to see if anyone posted about it, but was too lazy to look for the original thread...

To be fair, he only said "so many retards..."

And in my experience as well... he's correct. Many of them have complete disregard for anything but themselves.

Well, I went to school with a horrible football program. Perhaps bad football = good personality? :satisfied:

Whatever, this tool from NIU is partly responsible for the huskies' defense giving up 60 points. He won't be going anywhere in football or life.

• Like 2

I was on staff with a corps that was waiting for thier rehearsal time in the stadium when the NIU football team plowed through Capital Regiment. I saw the entire thing, and it was pretty surreal and quite sad. However, seeing NIU players and the coach that was responsible in handcuffs being led away by the campus police was hilarious. If I recall, some of those players were suspended and/or kicked off the team and the coach was fired.

• Like 1

*sigh* One more reason to be ashamed of my alma mater.... :thumbdown:

Edited by saxxykittn

I was on staff with a corps that was waiting for thier rehearsal time in the stadium when the NIU football team plowed through Capital Regiment. I saw the entire thing, and it was pretty surreal and quite sad. However, seeing NIU players and the coach that was responsible in handcuffs being led away by the campus police was hilarious. If I recall, some of those players were suspended and/or kicked off the team and the coach was fired.

Whatever level, HS, college or pro, and whatever sport (which seems to have most of the bad behavior people) these incidents always remind me of the saying where you can take the person out of the neighborhood, but you can't take the neighborhood out of the person.

• Like 1

LOL, at our college (Div II) the band would get on the teams case during camp and visa versa. Some players would get upset (usually freshmen) and the upper classmen would tell them that the band might be the ONLY ones supporting them at times as team was so-so. Favorite bit was bunch of band members yelling "Football.. huh..huh.." while standing in a crouch and hitting their head then thighs with the palms of the heands (like pre game warm up). Weird part is one of those guys (Jim Haslett) is a former NFL player and now coaching with the 'skins.

Hope the parents of the MB member have a good lawyer if nothing else scare the crap out of the football player.

As for the 'tard label, slept on it and this still ####es me off more than the hit. Then I talked to one of out mailroom guys (who fits the bill) this morning and think he has a better handle on real life than some people here.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

*sigh* One more reason to be ashamed of my alma mater.... :thumbdown:

There is a very prolific, high profile poster here that has that in common with you but has yet to appear on this thread…but really, its not your shared shame

I recall the first incident, the University swiftly took action and donated the stadium, they did a good job at cleaning it up immediately

On this one I guess the guy got suspended for a game….seeing as this is a repeat problem, I expect it to be covered in football training camps now ‘never touch a band member regardless, ever’

If it makes any of you feel better, I saw the NIU Huskie showband at the Pumpkin Fest Parade last weekend and they are a mere shadow of what they were, tiny (looked less than 100 people) and pretty weak for a school of that size, most the area high school bands were larger…long ago, they were a decent, larger band (around 250) run by some former drum corps folks

And speaking of pumpkinfest parade, they had a fossil band that looked to have several cavies, a blue star and a trooper…think I recognized a Kiltie in there too

Although it was pretty bad... and yeah I agree that's a pretty ######-y move on #6's part... man that was poor planning though... reallly??? are you really gonna plan it so that right when the band leaves...NIU comes out??? ugh... whatevs... I have friends that go to NIU are in the Band.... Im sure somethings gonna go down... ; )!!!