Madison Scouts 2012

This will probably be really cool and look/sound great in the summer.

• Like 3

REframed...

REmembrance?

please

• Like 6

From the Madison Scout Facebook page:

'The Madison Scouts are pleased to announce their 2012 program title "Reframed" featuring selections from Modest Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition"...Madisonized.'

Thoughts, comments, demands?

I do hope they put their own spin on it. I am a big Madison fan, but I also love Santa Clara's more traditional presentation, so I'm hoping Madison strays from then traditional...a bit...

• Like 2

Yay! Automatic synch rights!

I called it. (even though I was called a "hater" for it. :shutup: )

I'm excited though - Robert Smith arranging Mussorgsky? Works for me!

• Like 2

I do hope they put their own spin on it. I am a big Madison fan, but I also love Santa Clara's more traditional presentation, so I'm hoping Madison strays from then traditional...a bit...

I'm pretty sure that they will put their own spin on it...if it's even all music from Pictures at an Exhibition and there are some rumors flying around that it may be more than just that music. Though even if it is, as I mentioned on another thread...it would not be the first time Madison has done symphonic music. In 1983 they did Colas Breugnon Overture. In 1987 they did a European show that was almost all symphonic. In 1988 they did that "Concerto for Guitar and Jazz Orchestra" which to me has little to no hint at anything jazzy and very symphonic. In 1997 they did a Pirates show that was almost all symphonic. The thing I'm sure we can count on is that it will be as the OP stated "Madisonized" (just as the above examples I gave were as well). :thumbup: I can't wait to see what they do with it!

• Like 3