SCV moves to Dynasty

I personally think the Dynasty tenors are the best on the market. Pearl makes the best sounding snares so far as I can tell. have yet to hear Tama though.

Arent the Pearl Tenors generally regarded as the best sounding Tenors?

• Like 2

It was the talent of the players and the talent of the staff that won the trophy. They won in spite of the fact that they had to play Dynasty.

sounds like my days with Stingray

• Like 1

If I remember correctly Madison was the first big name corps to go with Yamaha.

Correct. They were the first Yamaha finalist corps, and Cavaliers were the first finalist corps using Pearl (in 1981).

This is a great change. I totally believe in Paul. I'd take Dynasty's vibes over Adam's any day. Good bye 2 octave overtones!!

Arent the Pearl Tenors generally regarded as the best sounding Tenors?

I have always hated that doinky sound of SCV's tenors but their playing is stellar. I really like the way BD tunes the Pearl Tenors though.

I have always hated that doinky sound of SCV's tenors but their playing is stellar. I really like the way BD tunes the Pearl Tenors though.

Respectfully disagree, I love the tuning of the quads from SCV over the years, had so much depth. I can't stand how BD just cranks up the tuning of their tenors. I'm all for balance on tone from all drums in the battery. Rennick and PR was able to accomplish this 08 with Dynasty, which I thought was impossible.

The strange thing is that the SCV Pearl snares had a dryer tone much like BD's Dynasty tenors which is the tone I like best. When BD played the Yamaha tenors I hated the tone of them but then they used Dynasty which I think sounded best for their style.