Distracting Judges

So, I was watching 2000 Cavaliers and could not take my eyes off of the two on-field judges. Usually I can filter them out, but not when there's a huge company front... plus one lone green shirt... ugh.

Any show that sticks out for you?

Funny, infuriating, downright weird judging moments you can't help but notice?

So, I was watching 2000 Cavaliers and could not take my eyes off of the two on-field judges. Usually I can filter them out, but not when there's a huge company front... plus one lone green shirt... ugh.

Any show that sticks out for you?

Funny, infuriating, downright weird judging moments you can't help but notice?

Take a look at the end of the opener of Cadets 2000 show, right when the mellophones form sort of a triangle heading into the last set. The drum judge is on side one and he's not paying attention and a mellophone player backs right into him. Luckily the mellophone didn't fall. I was truly annoyed when I saw it (although it took me three years to finally see that).

End of Phantom 2007. Right when they do the kick-step wedge at the end, the brass judge walks right by the front of the form with a really goofy smile on his face. There are pictures of it on the LOLcorps thread I think. :thumbup:

Jeff Prosperie, every single time.

• Like 5

I really wish DCI would take the judges off the field. Even one kid getting hit is too many.

I disagree. There are a lot of things that you just can't judge without getting up close. As a performer, you know its a possibility that someone will get in your way whether it be a judge, or another performer. Far more often its the judge who gets hurt rather than the performer, so I don't really see this as a major issue.

As for the judges being distracting, nothing really sticks out in my mind. Every once in a while, I notice one, but not to the point where it takes away from the show.

• Like 2

I used to aim for those suckers :devil:

• Like 5

I disagree. There are a lot of things that you just can't judge without getting up close. As a performer, you know its a possibility that someone will get in your way whether it be a judge, or another performer. Far more often its the judge who gets hurt rather than the performer, so I don't really see this as a major issue.

As for the judges being distracting, nothing really sticks out in my mind. Every once in a while, I notice one, but not to the point where it takes away from the show.

with amps and the size of ensembles now, you'll never get any kind of percussion clarity solely from the box