Carolina Crown 2012

New recording up with slightly better recording quality

Much better quality. More and more nuances are coming out of the show. After listening to this recording, I believe that this show has an old school musical quality to it, which I like...

Could be my favorite show of the season ( although I haven't heard very many shows yet).

Wow, middle voices! thumbup.gif

• Like 5

UHMM... I thought DCP removed the "NO YOUTUBE LINKS" policy for a REASON!!! ;)

It's rather easy to find! Search "Carolina Crown" and change search options to "recently added" and there it is :P

• Like 1

lol I mean, nothings easier than just posting it ;)

Touche!

Loving the sound and clarity coming through the horns even with such a challenging book. I hope it communicates to the audience/box just as well while they're booking it around the field.

Side note: Will anyone be attending the June 18th live screening in the SoCal area? Would love to meet up with some Crown Honks if there are any out here...I'm sooo ronrey...

• Like 1

New recording up with slightly better recording quality

What I love about the arranging is that I actually "hear" Copland's 3rd Symphony - not a truncated version written to fit everything else in the show - you know, the "Oh that melody sounds familiar" methodology.

The arranger not only incorporated Fanfare for the Common Man, he also incorporated portions of the actual symphony, true to the way they were written by the composer.

This is not "Cadetish"...and that is being said from someone who loves Cadet's '88.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 2

What I love about the arranging is that I actually "hear" Copland's 3rd Symphony - not a truncated version written to fit everything else in the show - you know, the "Oh that melody sounds familiar" methodology.

The arranger not only incorporated Fanfare for the Common Man, he also incorporated portions of the actual symphony, true to the way they were written by the composer.

This is not "Cadetish"...and that is being said from someone who loves Cadet's '88.

Further reasons I love Klesch. Just a masterful arranger.

• Like 1

So even though the corps director has asked that this content not be posted people are still putting it on Youtube - and others linking it here. I know there is excitement to see and hear what's happening but it seems disrespectful.

• Like 7