2012 WC Uniforms

Glassmen have a few tweaks, so I hear. No pics though :thumbdown:

These same rumors were floating around last year. I remember talking to somebody about them doing red banners that came from the uniform (a la Bluecoats 06) for the giant heart set.

I'll see if I can find out anything at family day this weekend. While I LOVE the current uniform, I think a slight edit or visual intrigue or something would help them stand out a bit more. Same exact uniform with no variations for going on four years is pretty unheard of these days.

I've got quite the weekend ahead - Akron on Saturday and Glassmen family day on Sunday!! SO glad the season is finally here.

• Like 1

Interesting....

292166_10150963050787641_1610672851_n.jpg

I remember when Phantom came out with their new uniforms in 2009. In every photo and video of them that year the baldrics looked wrinkled.

The way that flap hangs over the lapel reminds me of that.

still can't get used to not seeing the red for academy... i remember how excited we were when the jackets first arrived (we did our first show in uni pants and black logo tshirts...) i'd be pleased as punch if they'd do an "academy-red" tie.

• Like 1

are we even gonna be able to see the contrast in Crown's uniforms from the stands between white and gold?

are we even gonna be able to see the contrast in Crown's uniforms from the stands between white and gold?

According to another poster... The "flap" is much bolder in person. Based on that Id assume so.

According to another poster... The "flap" is much bolder in person. Based on that Id assume so.

I'm assuming the flap is just the black part from the other picture folded down over the jacket to reveal the gold underside. Not sure where they pull the hanging thing from though.

Well, the color WAS the first thing... but there is a bit of "sharpness" to Crown's uniform too. I personally like it, though the drum corps folks I happen to live with don't...

I kinda thought the same thing (Star 93) when I saw the shako.

Biggest difference is that the Star 93 uni (as well as the drill, guard props, etc.) was all about the scalene triangle. Dig it.