names of corps

I always thought that "Mighty St. Joe's" was a very kool name...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's already been said but, The Purple Lancers were already a real drum corps.

And the Fabulous Flamingos later became the Argonauts.

Anyone remember the Open-All Knights?

Edited by apoch003

I always thought that "Mighty St. Joe's" was a very kool name...

I'm gonna go with the Mighty Liberators, since I actually competed against them. :blink:

It's already been said but, The Purple Lancers were already a real drum corps.

And the Fabulous Flamingos later became the Argonauts.

Anyone remember the Open-All Knights?

Yes I do...Eddie Buffom used to march with them...

:)

Yes I do...Eddie Buffom used to march with them...

I remember the Geneva Appleknockers, Purple Lancers, Argonauts and some more, but Open-All Knights? You got me googling. :)

Our name was Scarborough Firefighters and our feeder corps was Sparkies and our 'place' (donated) was a old dog pound. Don't worry, we cleaned the place before we practised in it.

Back to Alberta All Girls, we practised in the gym of an old jail. Hey, didn't have to pay for rehearsal area. We kept our name, otherwise, who knows, we may have been the "Jail Birds".

Edited by lindap

I remember hearing about the Flamingos. Didn't they go to parade rest standing on one leg?

Seeing these old names brings me back to a place long forgotten. The Audobon Bon Bon's, (were they covered in chocolate??), The Debonnaires (were they??) The Socialites (were they??) The Jeannettes (sponsored by St. Jean's Credit Union), and that's just the all-girl corps. Offensive Lions (did they not use deoderant???) Les Etoiles (yes, I know it means The Stars in French, but ooooh the names we called them - by the way, awesome at 1996 prelims).

Loved hearing announcers butcher the names of Canadian (French speaking) corps. And gorgeous color guards up north! Dutch Boy (toy) and Chatelainnes always had many pretty les femmes francais in their guards!!

Yelling at us after a show once, George Hopkins said: "I don't care if you guys are called the Jojippsey Piddoors!!" I don't know if that's spelled right, or they existed, but man that's a funny name.

Best name ever? Always loved the Santa Clara Vanguard.

I remember hearing about the Flamingos. Didn't they go to parade rest standing on one leg?

That was a joke we started. And as humour, occasionally they WOULD go to parade rest on one leg.

It is amazing that the joke went all the way from the west coast to the east!