Who is finished?

Okay. In fairness, that was yesterday, the 12th.

In fairness to chaos001, it was posted very late last night. For most of us "today" ends when we hit the sack :-)

snapback.pngchaos001, on 13 June 2012 - 02:44 AM, said:

Anyway Hop was all upbeat today so maybe they'll get it on the field by Saturday.

George Hopkins

about an hour ago near Southwest, PA

Contrats to the Cadet's staff ... process since Saturday is immeasurable. More to come from me on the ebb and flow but to these students and the teachers ... BRAVO!

Edited by corpsband

Cadets finished, errrr I mean completed today, June 13. I was there (Mount Pleasant PA High School) so I saw and heard it. Did I ever....wow.

I haven't heard anything from any of the other West Coast corps, I think Mandarins and PC should have moved in this past weekend?

PC doesn't do move ins due to the schools getting out so late in southern california (colleges include UCR and I think UCI)and since the majority of the corps is high school kids. I know that today one of the schools I teach at just had their graduation and my alma mater still has until the last week of June before they get out. The system out here school wise is kind of dumb though. I know of schools being out for weeks but they start school 2 weeks before DCI finals so drum corps is out of the question for those kids while others get out really late causing some kids to miss their first couple of shows!!! I don't think it's completely the California corps faults for having a lack of a show as much as I think it's the school problem. I feel education is more or less the enemy of drum corps than that of the economy when I hear about school being the reason for not marching rather than money from my students/friends still of eligibility.

SCV finished their show today. They have their dress rehearsal tomorrow night, performing for the first time in their new uniforms. Hope someone is going, and can give a report on it. Or Saturday! Can it be drum corps season already?

• Like 2

Facebook statuses (statii? :tongue: ) from Troop folks is that they got the whole show on the field yesterday. Very cool artistic touches for the steampunk theme floating around out there in FB land, too!

This has to be a joke. He cannot seriously be making that excuse when there will be corps with completeded showspushing 212bpm or faster. If your not gonna give us a complete show man up and say you got your time management wrong, not give us excuses.

Ok how about they just march the show at that tempo and not be comfortable and have a bunch of kids get injured and create holes instead. How about that? Is that acceptable? Geez. Relax. It's not that serious.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

Ok how about they just march the show at that tempo and not be comfortable and have a bunch of kids get injured and create holes instead. How about that? Is that acceptable? Geez. Relax. It's not that serious.

Then the score should directly affect their unfinished show.

• Like 4

Then the score should directly affect their unfinished show.

No it shouldn't. There are many factors that could have come into play as to why a corps couldn't finish a show when it "should've" been finished. We are on the outside looking in. This is one of the problems with some people on this site. They think they know so much when they don't know all the circumstances.

• Like 2

No it shouldn't. There are many factors that could have come into play as to why a corps couldn't finish a show when it "should've" been finished. We are on the outside looking in. This is one of the problems with some people on this site. They think they know so much when they don't know all the circumstances.

Well, I'm just going by what Michael Cesario said. But hey, what's he know?

It's on this podcast: http://www.marchingroundtable.com/2011/11/21/episode-40-michael-cesario-looking-back-looking-forward/ I'm listening to it now. I'll update the time marking where he talks about it.

Edited by chaos001