Cadets2 Performance

:thumbup: AHHH Westshore 82 what a season undefeated till the end love politics and that crazy timp man could that guy let out a howl :thumbup:

don't feed Ricky Lee's ego

:tongue:

don't feed Ricky Lee's ego

:tongue:

And also the 14 year old I posted about earlier.... :blink: Think I got the top story for seeing him in an unexpected situation. Started Unix System Administration training when trying to keep up with the newest IT crap. Walked in and RL was sitting in the back row of the same class. :blink: Guess that explains a LOT about both of us....

Then while boarding my plane to come home I see Larry Hershman already seated... :blink:

OK back to the On Topic rants....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Ahhh, Rickie Lee... :blink:

Yah know, IF he'd have actually listened to me years later when we were staffing a band together... he wouldn't have been fired. Sometimes, I am actually worth listening to. A real character.... :satisfied:

pot kettle black :tongue:

Is it time for me to upset people by saying "Gee if C2 is really good in '12, just wait until they get more experince". :devil: Well I can tell who is older on this thread, Fred and others are thinking Renegades and I'm thinking Rochester Phoenix (1975) which was another corps with a lot of corps experience running the show and surprised/upset some folks. Big diff is no Internet back then for any kind of previous knowledge (or griping)....

yeah,..........Al Gore didn't invent the internet yet,............

This (Cadets2 thing) is all very exciting. A much-needed spark for DCA.

Good point, Fred.

There have been any number of key moments in DCA's growth.

Minnesota Brass becoming a regular participant at DCA Championships in the 1980s... and then becoming the first non-Eastern corps to win the DCA (Open Class) title.

Great Britain's Southern Knights becoming the first non-North American corps to compete at the championship, in 1990.

Heat Wave from Florida making the trip north in 1997 to compete in DCA's newly-formed Class A division at championships... and Atlanta's CorpsVets joining them a few years later.

California's Renegades and Japan's Yokohama Inspires both making a huge impact in 2002.

Great Britain's Kidsgrove Scouts making DCA's top six in 2010... and coming back for another visit this year.

Just some moments that come to mind. The Cadets2 thing has the potential to join that list, for sure.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

Jim,

I DO remember Phoenix. They had a "khaki" kind of look, as I recall. I remember a real, clear-sounding, tight brass line from Phoenix. I saw them a couple of times. I remember thinking "How the devil can you put a corps out as good as this in such short amount of time?" That's the way I expect to feel with Cadets2, BUT . . in the Cadets2 example, I DO know how they (Cadets2) did it.

I'm 61, boy!

being a one hit wonders is one thing, C2 Im sure wont be that otherwise Im sure Hop wouldnt take on this venture.( not that anyone said they would be a one hit wonder )This project isnt just to have a weekend drum corps or another corps,,,,, they already have 1 already, so I think their reasons for their new corps could be very different than any other corps that may have started in the past...either way , whatever the reasons, a new corps in OC is a great thing

Edited by GUARDLING

One thing about this performance is they impressed the Cadets(1) members.

This Cadets2 thing could be a great way to change DCI members opinions of DCA.

Just think if a handful of Cadets members go check out the Cadets2 after tour is done. They see how good DCA is and then they tell their other Cadet friends and then they tell their friends from other corps...

Sure its not going to get 100s of DCI kids in the stands right away but its where it can start. Word of mouth is a powerful thing!

One thing about this performance is they impressed the Cadets(1) members.

This Cadets2 thing could be a great way to change DCI members opinions of DCA.

Just think if a handful of Cadets members go check out the Cadets2 after tour is done. They see how good DCA is and then they tell their other Cadet friends and then they tell their friends from other corps...

Sure its not going to get 100s of DCI kids in the stands right away but its where it can start. Word of mouth is a powerful thing!

theres usualy alot of DCI members at shows after DCI championships..sporting their corps jackets in 95 degree weather..lol.....some filling spots in DCA corps..GEZZZ I remember the 80s and 90s alot of kids from DCI corps in spots the last 2 weeks of the year.... :smile: