Cadets2 Performance

I think DCA has sent a very clear "Welcome, please join us, we're glad to have you" message which is great. I'm glad to have them too. I don't mind if they do better than everyone else. I do mind, if they do so much better they take the fun out of it and the scope of the activity is lost.

This is the way I relate it. I'm not a fan of Nascar, but if I was, I wouldn't like it if one team had a jet engine. Right or wrong, that's the way I see it. Or, saw it..

Bucs won 6 years in a row. In your opinion did that take the fun out of it and reduce the scope of DCA?

• Like 2

not that I am defending the POV I am about to type, but let's keep it real...

The Cadet name, and all of it's Hopkins connotations, is not a welcome name to many drum corps fans. To some, he is god and can do no wrong. to some, he is evil incarnate. to many he's some of both.

Is it stupid that anyone would root against a new corps trying to start up in these trying times? That is the $300,000 question. I know my answer, which matches yours. But given Hops reputation and penchant for controversy, I can see why people would have issues with the corps. Note...I didn't say I agree, just why people would.

I don't care... Just all seems so pedy. I think like the cadets, cadets2 will work just as hard regardless if the previous 2 clips raise or lower the corps expectations to individuals.

The name precedes them but I think it's important to let corps simply speak for itself.

I cant believe a poster said they dont mind if C2 is good just not that good to be that much better than anyone...GEZZZ what entitlement ( hope I mis read that )..lmao

Its pretty obvious C2 is ###### if they do ###### if they dont. IF they slam everyone they will get the bad press if they arent what the public has been making them then there will be I told ya so's . C2 will do or be what they are, if they deserve to be 10 points above all so be it if not so be it.

As per their video..nice moving drill, faster then most DCA corps I think BUT also seems fairly basic. Seems like some need to prove their issues, no issues, comparisions, etc etc BUT lets ask how many who have made assumptions actually have 1st hand knowledge..I would venture to say NONE

Good luck to C2 and all the corps. Its obvious C2 will be compared to the top tier and not the bottom, everyone is doing that already SO I guess they have succeeded already..How many can say that and havent even been out yet.

Good Luck to all...looks like MAYBE the bar has been risen and thats a good thing!

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

I think people were/are worried about them dominating DCA because of where they came from. Not going to lie, I too had that thought when I first heard about C2. I think people are just now realizing that they wont be a "DCI Corps" in DCA and are relieved that they are comparable to everyone else.

Right, exactly...

People had certain expectations of C2 (in their head) that made certain people dislike them. And now C2 (based on this thread) is being received as a corps who's drop in expectation is actually a good thing... Just twisted for me I guess... not exactly fair to C2. And that is why some people think that others want C2 to do "just ok" and not be the best.

Sounds like the Facebook IPO... but if Facebook was a neutral party

I mean everyone in DCI would be happy if another new corps won if it was deserved.. And I don't think anyone would say that a corps SHOULD NOT win just because of the nature of the corps.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

Bucs won 6 years in a row. In your opinion did that take the fun out of it and reduce the scope of DCA?

Take that fun out of it? In my opinion, yes absolutely. Every show was a very predictable outcome. If my bookie covered DCA I could have made a fortune. A dynasty is never welcome in any competitive arena.

Reduce the scope? No. Because the Bucs were never THAT far out of reach year after year.

Edited by irishbugle
  • Like 2

Take that fun out of it? In my opinion, yes absolutely. Every show was a very predictable outcome. If my bookie covered DCA I could have made a fortune. A dynasty is never welcome in any competitive arena.

Reduce the scope? No. Because the Bucs were never THAT far out of reach year after year.

Youre kidding right? Seems like those who strive for the brass ring and fall short always have this argument..GEZZZZZ if they deserve it then who cares where the others are its their job to get better, write better, perform better, be ready, whatever it takes but to say that drum corps isnt fun because 1 corps won several times in row is crazy IMO. NOW if you dont think they deserved to win well thats different and can be debated I guess

Bucs streak did leave a bitter taste in my mouth when seeing them take first for everything. Not because they were ruining DCA or anything crazy like that but because the other corps we not stepping up (enough) to beat them. I went nuts when MBI won simply for the fact that someone else wanted it enough to do something about it. C2 will only bring that much more excitement to DCA if they are a top contender as most fear they will be.

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 1

to some, yes it did. Just like in DCI, seeing the same 3 corps on top every year does

• Like 1

I don't care... Just all seems so pedy. I think like the cadets, cadets2 will work just as hard regardless if the previous 2 clips raise or lower the corps expectations to individuals.

The name precedes them but I think it's important to let corps simply speak for itself.

dude.....it's kids, well people up to what...24 running around a football field?

accept this simple fact....people will have preconceptions. You may like it, you may not like it. It happens with drum corps, cars, what kind of dog you have, the color of your shirt...etc.

But accept this fact....on these boards, you don't fight for organizations all over the drum corps world, like you do for any ties to YEA. So, you have your preconceptions as well.

• Like 1