Cadets 2012

When people stop going ape #### during company fronts they will stop doing them. But nothing is a clearer applause sign than a single row of brass players.

Agreed; however, I believe this would probably be a clearer queue to applaud if it were done on the field at the end of a show.

PS - do it thrice!

WaterSkiPyramid.jpg

...OK; you have my attention :smile: Let's see how the judges look at the new ending this weekend.

Since you are the arm chair designer; do you think the audience would know your last set was to signify garland hanging from a tree?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

It would probably just look like waves in the ocean! lol

Agreed; however, I believe this would probably be a clearer queue to applaud if it were done on the field at the end of a show.

PS - do it thrice!

I believe water is now legal, so that would be a great way to end the show!

Or given the theme...maybe one of these:

merry_christmas_from_florida_water_skiers.jpg

58444504.jpg

waterskiingsanta.jpg

• Like 1

Well just got a look at the changes the Cadets did to the closer including new ending. The X is gone and they now end in a company front. Transition from the end of the ballad is much, much better and clearer, a little more narrative added, some similarity to last year's ending. But the changes, IMO, keeps them in the running. We'll see what happens this weekend. They still have three days to polish what they just learned. Amazing what these kids can digest in a short period of time and put it on the field. The guard had to learn 56 pages of new drill and work without music until they came together for ensemble (just amazing). Oh yes, there is a small musical change as well. Looks good folks!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Are you sure what you saw was the end of the show? I ask because I just read two articles on Cadets' website that state the ending is the same. Maybe they mean the music, or both music and drill (hopefully). I guess I'll find out this weekend. :huh:

Are you sure what you saw was the end of the show? I ask because I just read two articles on Cadets' website that state the ending is the same. Maybe they mean the music, or both music and drill (hopefully). I guess I'll find out this weekend. :huh:

Nope. There's a video of it that Bimpnottin posted on Facebook.

Definitely another company front ending.

I'm one of those in the "tough crowd" category. As much as I love company fronts, 6 show endings with the same drill form is too much. I was MUCH happier with the "X". And I thought I read on Cadets' website that the ending drill was staying the same.

OK, let's see if I can do this; in the ballad the trumpets were restaged (new drill). Because of the drill changes leading into the first company front, member positions changed making every thing new to the marching members. There is new music with new drill leading into the closer up to the company front. The drill from the company front to the last set is the same except the ending which now ends in a company front.

What the cadets place on their website is very accurate. Their writer is very good!! I'm just lucky to get some inside scoop (facebook) as it happens. Everyone will see what they did [do] come this weekend. I personally like the changes and ending in a company front is a bit more demanding than the X. Just sayin.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

If BD can win with scattered clumps as visual, I'm sure Cadets standard ending will be viewed as just that, the Cadets signature ending.

The bolded word is not something I ever used to associate with The Cadets....

IMO, while they can be seen as effective, there is nothing inherently "Cadets" about a company front. Every single corps has done them at one point or another. Just because they've ended with one for since 2007 doesn't make it a signature move in my eyes. Just makes it stale.

Every year I look forward to what the Cadets will pull off for their closer, and lately, that mystery has disappeared because we get... yet another... company front.