Stanford Live!

Interesting. Performed with obvious skill, but I hate the narration. It is so much it is a distraction. Imagine if I could understand it even.

Agreed. This is exactly how I felt. Ditch the ######## narration and this show would be OUTSTANDING. :sad:

Where was the demand? The cameraman could have shot most of that on a zoom lens.

What I'd like...

BD C

Phantom

BD

SCV

BAK

PC

Mandarins

BD B

SCV Cadets

Renegades

BK

--------------------------------

What I think will happen:

In a class of their own...

BD C

World:

1. BD

2. Phantom

3. SCV

4. BAC

5. BK

6. PC

7. Mandarins

Open:

1. BD B

2. SCV Cadets

All Age:

1. Renegades

• Like 1

I liked the show esp. the elfman piece... meh to the quiet ending tho.

Yeah they are going to have to change that, it's a non winning ending IMO....

So I'll say it again. Can BD for once produce a show for those of us too dumb to get what they're trying to say?

Seriously, some people call it "contemporary art". I call it the Drum Corps Equivalent of the Emperor's New Clothes.

I thought last years show was really down to earth. 2009 with 1930 was really accessible.

• Like 2

You guys know that's not "narration", right? It's just a sound effect. Some of it you can understand, some of it you can't.

I'm not sold on the ending either, but that may not be all of it, at least vertically.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

Not gettin the horses...anyone?

The rocking horse, because of its randomness, and many other reasons:

From Smithsonian:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/dada.html

FTA:

This new, irrational art movement would be named Dada. It got its name, according to Richard Huelsenbeck, a German artist living in Zurich, when he and Ball came upon the word in a French-German dictionary. To Ball, it fit. “Dada is ‘yes, yes’ in Rumanian, ‘rocking horse’ and ‘hobby horse’ in French,” he noted in his diary. “For Germans it is a sign of foolish naiveté, joy in procreation, and preoccupation with the baby carriage.” Tzara, who later claimed that he had coined the term, quickly used it on posters, put out the first Dada journal and wrote one of the first of many Dada manifestoes, few of which, appropriately enough, made much sense.

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/dada.html#ixzz1ygcpcDvD

Edited by dapperpoet