How weak is the Cavies Show?

According to recaps.... Green machine should march different drill, cleaner, the rest of the season, to be competitive.

If anyone knows...I'm just curious...Has there ever been a case where a corps completely SCRAPPED their entire drill from June FOR WHATEVER REASON and started OVER in July moving forward for the same season because the drill/show just wasn't working for them competitively?

If anyone knows...I'm just curious...Has there ever been a case where a corps completely SCRAPPED their entire drill from June FOR WHATEVER REASON and started OVER in July moving forward for the same season because the drill/show just wasn't working for them competitively?

blue devils one year? i think?

Phantom in 2009 I believe.

Yup, Blue Devils 2002.

The show wasn't working, they went home for over a week to scrap most of it and learn new stuff, then returned to tour and earned 2nd place at finals.

• Like 1

I couldn't name specific instances, but I would assume so. I've heard plenty of stories of corps learning new closers on the Monday of Finals week. I seem to also recall hearing a story of a show that required so many rewrites over the course of the season that literally nothing remained from their first show in June. Mostly same musical selections, but completely different arrangements and drill from what was started with.

Bluecoats '08. Not the entire show, but a lot of it.

• Like 1

Madison Scouts in...I believe 2008? Changed vast amounts of drill from June to the end of July as I recall.

This post is definitely one of the funniest I've ever read on DCP. I have to respond to the above statement. First of all, the members of the Cavaliers are a class act!! They are having a great time on tour with the other corps members. They are working hard and I am sure having a great summer. I don't believe any of them joined the corps just to win a DCI Championship. They joined because of the friendships they are making, the travel, and the opportunity to perform in front of enthusiastic crowds.

Secondly, the Cavaliers have survived over 6 decades. The alumni base and parental support are both very strong. I believe they have a stronger base more now than ever. In the 70s, the corps had some difficult years, but they survived. In fact, I am positive the members had a great time and built life long friendships. Years later, the corps is still here and entertaining thousands of drum corps fans.

Regarding the show, they still have time to clean and layer this show. If they don't win a championship, or even place in the top 3-6 catagory, the corps will continue. The guys will continue having the same great experiences that thousands of previous Cavaliers had. In closing, my hats off to the current 2012 Cavaliers...no matter what the scores are, continue having a great experience.

This is all very true, and just as true for the Madison Scouts as well.

Bluecoats 1992 - according to members there was only one set that didn't change that summer