Seiverville Scotch n Soda

In the wee purple section in Western NC, sodas are called "dope."

Most interesting.

I stopped off the Appalachian Trail for dinner at a small-town restaurant in western Connecticut. I didn't know whether they served Coke or Pepsi, so I simply told the waitress I'd like some pop. She paused and gave me a long, curious look, then said, "Oh -- soda! I thought you said you wanted some pot."

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

Dan Potter was sure taking Colts up in his pod cast this morning.

politics? Yes, I think so.

..but 3 points?!!! Okay

Dan Potter talks up every corps in every podcast. That's his job. Crossmen are doing just fine. I loved them last year, so I'm really looking forward to seeing this show.

How is the title of the Cadets' show to be pronounced? I can't remember that detail from the Akron cine-cast. In the Louisville video, the announcer calls it "twelve dot twenty-five". Is the "dot" to be intoned when giving the name?

Dan Potter was sure taking Colts up in his pod cast this morning.

politics? Yes, I think so.

..but 3 points?!!! Okay

You should maybe not wear your heart (and your allegiance) on your sleeve. This is not new and shocking in DCI. Things like this happen every year to multiple corps. Early season is prone to wild fluctuations due to fluctuations in performance quality night-to-night.

Why is it everyone seeks to immediately blame the judges for something they think isn't right...when they didn't even WITNESS the show, for one, and second, when they aren't nearly as qualified to judge. Sometimes corps have off-nights. This happens. They are not machines.

• Like 1

Colts had a nice brass sound tonight but feet where just down right dirty. Colts drumline seemed a bit ahead of crossman also although crossman was missing bass #3 and the center Tenor it looked like. Crowd loved the Colts show also, and about halfway into crossman i was thinking is this show finished yet. My thoughts on Crown and Cadets. Crown brass are playing way more notes but cadets are moving much more and playing alot less notes. Here's my rant. First off i can't hear the top three bass drums anymore, i'm going to be 35 so maybe my ears are shot? Second, lets gives these kids some notes. No watering until second week of july people, come on. Third, i know drum tuning hides dirt, but please tune your snare drums to a good tone, doesn't have to be cranked just nicely pitched. quads are about the most consist pitch from corps to corps. I also so a Cadet Trumpet player fall but get right back up in step and form. Cavies, i don't know where to start, it felt like cavies, but then it didn't. i have more to rant but don't feel like it. Can't wait for the Boro to se the changes and development.

You should maybe not wear your heart (and your allegiance) on your sleeve. This is not new and shocking in DCI. Things like this happen every year to multiple corps. Early season is prone to wild fluctuations due to fluctuations in performance quality night-to-night.

Why is it everyone seeks to immediately blame the judges for something they think isn't right...when they didn't even WITNESS the show, for one, and second, when they aren't nearly as qualified to judge. Sometimes corps have off-nights. This happens. They are not machines.

I will say this about Colts and Crossmen....since I saw them in Ft Mill last night.

Colts show is harder than Crossmen's show. Colts were AWFULLY dirty last night. They were tired by the end. They were fracking the opening of All By Myself...and although they finished strong, you could tell that they were young and the show is killing them.

Bones did very well with their show.

Now, maybe tonight, Colts cleaned alot of that mess up. It was beyond just dirty last night for Colts...it was just plain and simple mistakes being made. 3 pts is a very plausible gain with the same judging panel if what they did tonight was considerably better than last night.

I like both of their shows too. Michael Jackson and Eric Carmen....c'mon! Who programs that stuff these days? Good stuff

Reminds me of Stonehenge in 1998.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SWy0DUxvXlE

One other hint of Stonehenge in there as well.

Colts had a nice brass sound tonight but feet where just down right dirty. Colts drumline seemed a bit ahead of crossman also although crossman was missing bass #3 and the center Tenor it looked like. Crowd loved the Colts show also, and about halfway into crossman i was thinking is this show finished yet. My thoughts on Crown and Cadets. Crown brass are playing way more notes but cadets are moving much more and playing alot less notes. Here's my rant. First off i can't hear the top three bass drums anymore, i'm going to be 35 so maybe my ears are shot? Second, lets gives these kids some notes. No watering until second week of july people, come on. Third, i know drum tuning hides dirt, but please tune your snare drums to a good tone, doesn't have to be cranked just nicely pitched. quads are about the most consist pitch from corps to corps. I also so a Cadet Trumpet player fall but get right back up in step and form. Cavies, i don't know where to start, it felt like cavies, but then it didn't. i have more to rant but don't feel like it. Can't wait for the Boro to se the changes and development.

FYI. They are the CrossMEN.

Easy mistake. Just making sure you don't confuse them with the crossman drum band

• Like 1

The Cadets know how to close the gap. They have the slightly better show and I'm afraid a lot of Crown Fan boys will be pouting come August. :tongue:

I agree. Cadets marched after Crown, and the crowd was much more responsive to the Cadets. Their drill seems more challenging and musically they are so appealing!

• Like 1

I'm an IT1. :devil:

I keep forgetting that you're serving, although I think I've thanked you before. Well, here's another one just for the heck of it... THANKS!!!

Edited by skajerk