Can you lose your World Class Status?

When is the last time that happened? Be specific, please.

well it happend a few times with MAgic and from a person who worked with teal last year they said it was a hot mess ( from the staffs mouth ) I dont think though with teal it was a kid issue or them not getting what they needed.WASnt there another issue last year or the year before with someone also?Dont think it happens oftern BUT it has happened

Edited by GUARDLING

This also pertains to a certain drum corps and it's status as a World Class unit. I just received an email from a dc friend of mine. He mentioned a certain WC corps he saw over the week end. According to him this corps was marching a horn line of 20 members total. He also questioned whether or not they deserved their current status as a WC corps. For obvious reasons I am not naming this corps. All I will say is that they are not a West Coast unit. I know that most corps face an off season now and then. Problem is this corps has been on a sort of downward spiral for a number of years now. Living on the West Coast, all the information I receive on this group are emails from friends of mine. Therefor I can not guarantee any of this information is 100% accurate. Your thoughts on this situation?

well it happend a few times with MAgic and from a person who worked with teal last year they said it was a hot mess ( from the staffs mouth ) I dont think though with teal it was a kid issue or them not getting what they needed.WASnt there another issue last year or the year before with someone also?

I dunno. That's why I was asking. I wasn't being snarky to argonaut. I know about the Magic issues. In fact, they are why the new process was set up the way it is.

Edited by Kamarag

I dunno. That's why I was asking. I wasn't being snarky to argonaut. I know about the Magic issues. In fact, they are why the new process was set up the way it is.

Yeah they had a habbit of not learing from past mistakes thats for sure,,,its to bad.......not really sure of details on the Teal thing last year BUT I know there was some rumbling, a board member also said it to me and others..

Edited by GUARDLING

There really should be a clear distinction about what a snarky statement is and what is not. Many of my post have been considered snarky by some and not by others. DCP needs to set a clear and transparent way to determine what is a snarky post or statement. If I want to be snarky, than I should know what exactly snarky is. The art of being snarky should not have any bearing on my financial health. I am doing very well at this moment in life, which curbs my overall desire to be snarky. Desperate times require snarky arguments. Since there is no clear way to determine ones snarkness, then one should not assume that a poster is being snarky. It is about time the board of directors of DCP and the top twelve posters make the distinction for the good of all posters.

There really should be a clear distinction about what a snarky statement is and what is not. Many of my post have been considered snarky by some and not by others. DCP needs to set a clear and transparent way to determine what is a snarky post or statement. If I want to be snarky, than I should know what exactly snarky is. The art of being snarky should not have any bearing on my financial health. I am doing very well at this moment in life, which curbs my overall desire to be snarky. Desperate times require snarky arguments. Since there is no clear way to determine ones snarkness, then one should not assume that a poster is being snarky. It is about time the board of directors of DCP and the top twelve posters make the distinction for the good of all posters.

are you being SNARKY :tongue: LOL

• World Class (formerly Division I) corps are the corps that have chosen to compete at the highest level and that have shown the DCI leadership that they have the ability to survive at this level both competitively and financially. The leadership of the "Top Twelve" World Class corps are given voting rights on the DCI Board of Directors. The higher a corps is ranked at the DCI Championships, the higher the performance fees they will earn for the following season's performances.

• Open Class (formerly Divisions II & III) corps are generally smaller or committed to a lesser competitive level. In September of 2007, DCI combined the former Divisions II and III into this new division.[3][4]

exactly. it's all about the financials and not the on field product

I honestly believe that every World Class corps, from the Blue Devils to Pioneer, should go through the World Class evaluation process that new WC corps go through. Every corps in WC should be evaluated every 4-5 years or so, without exception. Any corps that can't meet the criteria that Surf and Teal Sound went through should be relegated to Open Class until they can pass the evaluation, and that includes opening the financial books to the evaluation team.

trust me, some voting members would fight this hard core

When is the last time that happened? Be specific, please.

Cap Regiment, Magic, maybe others that came close that we don't know about?

IMO this is nothing to mess around with. Nobody wants the risk, liability or bad press that comes from cutting corners when you have 100 kids 1000 miles from home. If you can't 100% fund the tour with a very generous financial buffer, then you do not belong on the tour. DCI would be 100% justified to perform periodic financial audits on its members to ensure that they are able to support their touring commitments.

You need to do one of two things...either post this official Snarky Identification Badge

226303025v9_480x480_Front_Color-White_padToSquare-true.jpg

...or the Imprint of Snarky image

snarky_comment.jpg