Marvelous Minneapolis

Curved poles, how very Freelancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, from Casper, Wyoming.. the GOOpers!

/I'll take my hat and show myself out...

• Like 4

This show lost me a long time ago.

And this, kids, is why drum corps need to have trained professionals design, set-up, and operate their sound systems. Not your pit tech. Not some guy that "ran the board for his WGI indoor line". Someone with actual training.

When I was in the army band, my secondary job was to serve a the band's sound engineer. I wasn't allowed anywhere near the board until I had passed several training courses, and proved I was proficient. it absolutely drives me insane that most corps don't do the same thing. Also, if you are the pit guy, and you tell the sound engineer there's not enough marimba in the mix, STF down and STF up. You're wrong.

EDIT: And example of a corps that gets their mix right, at least this year: Crossmen (and yes, I've seen them live).

2nd EDIT: Yes, I fought this every day when I was at Teal in 09 and 10. I was finally told to jump in about half way through tour in '10.

Edited by Kamarag

Sure miss the days when Troopers kinda, well, had a "trooper" identity, instead of this persona that is indistinguishable from, well, most everyone else.

Funny when back in those days everybody said they needed to stop doing the western shows every year because they were holding them back.

• Like 3