Teal Sound Ends Tour

I saw their show in Chambersburg and found it very entertaining. I was really looking forward to seeing it again in Indy come August. Very sorry for the kids and sorry we'll never get to see what progress they could have made with that show.

The wife (Spirit vol) saw their show tonight and said "they have a really fun show!". I was looking forward to seeing it in Atlanta.

I don't think Teal and Racine are on any of this year's Fan Network VODs. Is this correct?

Wouldn't apply in this case. Historically, I can think of 1995 when Suncoast Sound chose to end tour early, and several of their members found spots in other corps.

Makes sense. I didn't know Suncoast had folded mid-tour, I thought they had just stopped after 1994.

Agree to disagree. If you've been in my shoes, went through 4 weeks of move-ins, 2 weeks of shows, July 4th parades, then a broken leg sends you home early and you watch someone else march your dot on the DVD, you feel robbed of the full experience. Much like I'm sure the members of teal are feeling right now.

I'm with you. Made it through winter camps, and most of move-ins, before an injury sent me home, and now someone else is in my spot, and I have to watch them perform my drill every time I watch a show, and it sucks. You do feel robbed of the experience

Anyway, best of luck to all of the members of Teal that they can find a new corps for the season. I'm sure some of the smaller corps like Pioneer, Cascades, or Mandarins would love to pick up the extra members, and I'm sure every Open Class corps would love some more people in the corps.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if any of their performances are on video that can be put up on Fan Network? I was looking forward to seeing their show, but the only show that had VOD that they were scheduled to date was the Beanpot in Lynn, MA that they had to bow out of due to the bus snafu. If there's a video out there of any of their performances, it would be great if we could somehow get it onto FN. A shame that the situation had to come to this, but I hope that they can come back strong in 2013, hope that the members that still want to march can find a DCI or DCA home. Good luck, Teal!

A corps folding is different than getting injured. If someone gets injured, they will march the next year and just keep getting injured. I've seen it happen. Some people are just prone to injury. Then they could just keep petitioning to march.

Anyway, best of luck to all of the members of Teal that they can find a new corps for the season. I'm sure some of the smaller corps like Pioneer, Cascades, or Mandarins would love to pick up the extra members, and I'm sure every Open Class corps would love some more people in the corps.

And, like I said earlier, I'm sure there are some DCA corps out there that would like some help.

A corps folding is different than getting injured. If someone gets injured, they will march the next year and just keep getting injured. I've seen it happen. Some people are just prone to injury. Then they could just keep petitioning to march.

And some corps fold and come back, and continue folding (Magic of Orlando springs instantly to mind, Cap Regiment as well)

And, like I said earlier, I'm sure there are some DCA corps out there that would like some help.

Those as well. I'm sure there are more than enough spots out there for all of those members to end up at. Does the corps refund the tour fee in this kind of situation, or what?

And some corps fold and come back, and continue folding (Magic of Orlando springs instantly to mind, Cap Regiment as well)

Yeah, but those corps don't let members who would have aged out there come back.