Teal Sound Ends Tour

Very sad news from a very fun corps. Teal always brought something different and of interest to the table.

• Like 6

If this were any other organization (not meaning another corps), or non-profit, you'd see the media all over this thing and donations flying in.

God Bless these kids and the organization. I hope the kids come back next year and keep a sense of loyalty.

Edited by jsualumnus

Man I cant even imagine. I would blame the bus company before id blame Teal's admin. I am sure they sat down at the beginning of the season and figured out that they could make it through the year pending something catastrophic happening. Well, losing an entire bus company, is kind of catastrophic. Im sure it might surprise you how many corps, maybe even in the top 12 might be in some seriouse jeopardy if something like that happened. I was personally worried all the way back in 09 when we shared a housing site with them and they offered us dinner, and it was a hot dog, handfull of chips and water. Not saying you cant survive off of that... well ya, thats a pretty unhealthy diet if thats how it was every meal for them considering calories burnt during the day. But I remember talking about it with my friends and even back then we felt like something was wrong. I have a friend that marched with them this year, and he seems more happy about his experiences than sad about them folding.

• Like 1

Man I cant even imagine. I would blame the bus company before id blame Teal's admin.

Probably the only people who know the situation between the bus company and Teal are the management of each. Being close to a small auto related business in the past I can think of good reasons why the bus company backed out. Most of the reasons have to do with the company not hurting itself. But, not knowing this situation I'd not even going to discuss them unless something concrete is announced by TS or the bus company.

*sigh* Few years back talked to some of Teals volunteers while at a parade in Havre de Grace, MD for 4th of July. Closest I ever got to a DCI corps and enjoyed the time we spend with them. Especially the father who was spending his time with the corps working on the tracks and equipment. Had a real no-BS talk with him on the problems that crop up (they were checking a truck at the time).

Very sad news. We have lost 2 corps and I hope both rebound for 2013.

Definitely a sad situation. I will miss seeing Teal Sound. This continues to be a reminder of just how expensive it is to operate a drum corps. Between busing, operating costs, food, staff, housing, a drum corps needs the ability to generate cash flow 12 months a year, and that's not easy. No doubt busing will be one of the most expensive aspects of this and the National Tour model for which most DCI corps compete in forces you to put a lot of miles on those buses.

I wish Teal Sound all the best and hope they make a rebound.

Very sad to hear.

However, if the news on the tumblr is correct in saying that the bus company Teal was dealing with didn't offer them a refund after leaving them high and dry earlier. . . well, I hope that bus company has a good lawyer.

Regardless, regroup, refocus . . .and hope we'll see you in 2013.

I feel as though my finals tickets have dropped in value. So sad to hear!