grand prix scores

I guess that my thought in reading through those C2 threads was that it was always the more paranoid people who were afraid of them. Didn't really think that too many rational folks gave them much expectations to really come out and shoot straight for the top spot.

• Like 1

so my question is, does everybody agree with the placement's and spreads?

Yes, no, and maybe. :tongue:

• Like 1

Ahhhh I love definitive answers.

that's my buddy fran! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Gotta give C2 credit.... no corps has shaken up DCA, in ways good and bad, like this in DECADES!

Just to clarify something, some of the readership of DCP has been shaken up. DCA and the corps within are still going about their business as they always have.

• Like 1

that's my buddy fran! rolleyes.gif

Honestly, from where I sit at the Clifton show, I get to see the competition corps' pit ensembles, and not much else.

IMO, the pit ensembles ranged from good to very good, with one (Buccaneers' pit) in the "exceptional" category.

Then again, I'm not a drummer. So what the heck do I know. :tongue:

My biggest issue with this is people talk about DCA being the same every year and they want something new to happen. Here is a new corps and people complain about it. Im not saying its the same people saying both things but there is something great for the activity here and its surrounded by negative thoughts. No wonder why drum corps is falling apart.

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 1

My biggest issue with this is people talk about DCA being the same every year and they want something new to happen. Here is a new corps and people complain about it. Im not saying its the same people saying both things but there is something great for the activity here and its surrounded my negative thoughts. No wonder why drum corps is falling apart.

Wow! It's the rare occasion on which I find myself in such total agreement with you :tongue: . (Except for the drum corps falling apart stuff) . Yes, ANY new corps is a great thing. One that scores a 72-something at its first show EVER is even better. As I said to a few C2 members Saturday night while switching from one task to the next, "Welcome to DCA!". And I hope people from most other corps took a second to do the same.

Edited by grenadasmoothie

From where I sat (Which was right in front of C-2's baritones) they will need about ten more bari's to fill out their voices (And make sense of their drill sets), as well as some endurance issues. I noted a general fatugue with the "Big Horns" and a loss of bearing (Guys out of step, phasing, running into each other) in their closer.

They do need some more baris. As for closer issues...they had no closer on the field one week before, at Jackson, so I'm not surprised at issues the first time out.

Just to clarify something, some of the readership of DCP has been shaken up. DCA and the corps within are still going about their business as they always have.

yes and no. The fans/some marching members have been shaken up. But C2 just stays silent, which allows the plot to thicken.

Face it, Hop updates daily about C1. C2 stays silent and just lets the craziness build.

God bless those kids for just doing their thing