Booing scores/winners

Judges are like the referees in other sports. When you are a referee, you accept the fact that people can get very passionate about their teams and/or just completely disagree with a call you made, even when it's a blatantly obvious one. It comes with the territory and the referees/judges know this. People are entitled to voice their disagreement with something (thank you 1st ammendment) so not sure why some people get so bent out of shape and think that the performers or judges are actually offended by hearing boos at the scores. Again, people applaud the Blue Devils at the end of their show but boo when they hear the score. That means they don't like the number, not the show guys. I have a couple friends (including my girlfried) that marched Blue Devils in the past couple years. Guess what, the boos don't even register when you are winning a gold medal :smile:

• Like 1

OH MY GOD!

Are we a bunch of freaking pansies? Who gives a crap?!?!?!?! EVERYTHING is booed. Every sport in the world there is booing. Every figure skating competition there is...well no...but they whistle their displeasure. Watch the olympics.....you'll hear audible groans when scores go up. It's what we do ad human beings with a rooting interest.

As long as some jerkweed isn't BOOING a corps on the field, I see no problem. I would never boo a corps performance....as for the judges....they are big boys and girls and they get paid so I say ....deal with it! :-P

Are we raising a bunch of ninnies?

Have you ever been booed?

I find it funny that all the people defending the booers here are Crown alumni/fans. Coincidence?

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Like 2

YES. It's a conspiracy. Carolina Crown is PAYING the audience to boo.

I KNEW IT!!!

• Like 3

YES. It's a conspiracy. Carolina Crown is PAYING the audience to boo.

Offsetting the Blue Devils paying the judges! I get it now! tongue.gif

• Like 2

Have you ever been booed?

I find it funny that all the people defending the booers are Crown alumni/fans. Coincidence?

No, but we never beat anybody that the fans thought we shouldn't have beaten.

There were more than Crown fans in Atlanta last night booing. Remember Phantom's score got booed when they placed 4th behind Cadets. I guess those were Crown fans too

• Like 2

But as stated before. Blue Devils nor Cadets heard the booing last night because NOBODY was in the stadium when the scores were read. Their precious souls were spared thankfully. :-P

HOWEVER, the lukewarm applause for BD when Brandt Crocker "Welcomed them to the field" and the smattering of applause at the conclusion of their show would #### me off if I were a performer. Those kids are so talented and YES there are some that are going to cheer against them no matter what. I wish they had a show that would earn them the applause that their performance deserves.

Let's face it. The Southeast is a tough place to be a Devil. Especially in North Carolina where Carolina > Blue Devils (basketball and drumcorps) They are passionate people down there

• Like 4

Are we raising a bunch of ninnies?

Every child gets a trophy. Kids rarely fail school anymore even though they don't meet the requirements.

It's a topic few can discuss. If you think this year's DCI placements boil over, start talking about the current state of child rearing to see an outcome far worse.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 9

I think it's about time we stop complaining about booing. This is nothing but a waste of bandwidth. We are all human beings and as humans, we will show our distaste for something in certain ways. Some people choose to boo, no matter how disrespectful and classless it is. No amount of complaining or opening new threads on the subject is going to change the attitude of those who choose to do it.

• Like 1