I've come to the conclusion...

That DCI and it's adjudication system is self serving, assinine, and a huge joke. There is absolutely no way this activity can be judged fairly and I personally think we should do away with the competition aspect of the activity once and for all. Would you still attend a show if there were no scores?

Yes, but I doubt the quality and number of corps would be the same.

• Like 3

That DCI and it's adjudication system is self serving, assinine, and a huge joke. There is absolutely no way this activity can be judged fairly and I personally think we should do away with the competition aspect of the activity once and for all. Would you still attend a show if there were no scores?

• Like 2

What is your opinion of "fair"?

Edited by kaseyW
  • Like 1

Ohhhh, boy, here we go . . .

There's a difference between "not being able to be judged fairly" and "my corps isn't winning." If there were "no way the activity could be judged fairly," then why start complaining now? What makes this year different?

Oh, that's right . . .

Ugh.

• Like 5

Would you pay a few thousand dollars for the privilege of busting your arse at camps/practices, then take busses across the country, sleep on gym floors, etc for the opportunity to do 28-38 exhibitions( not compete ) over a 9 week summer ? Personally,I'd have no interest in doing exhibitions at all.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Madison and Crown would be winning everything. :tongue:

Seems to be the general consensus between DCP-ers. :ph34r:

• Like 1

What makes this year different?

Because DCI preached all off-season that the sheets were changing, and things would be judged differently this year, things were going to change, and still, no one has seen any change at all besides the direction of the judges sheets being different. The people judging are the same, as is their methods of judging and adjudicating

• Like 3