Which is more likely to happen?

206 members have voted

1. 1. Which scenario is more likely/plausible this coming week?

• Crown passes Blue Devils
    • Cavaliers place out of the Top 8
    • Crossmen (or someone else currently below 12th) makes Finals
    • Cadets place outside the Top 3

no they don't. yes they do.

no THEY DON'T! yes THEY DO!

NO THEY DON'T!! YES THEY DO!!

:rolleyes:

:laughing:

Pretty much the marching cadence of DCP. :innocent:

• Like 1

Call me Mr. Buzz Killington, but I don't think any of these are going to happen.

1. Crown has a fantastic product, but BD has a better product(and they are cleaner than a bunch of mirrors wiped with windex <--- see what I did there?). As much as the crowd may want crown to win, it just isn't going to happen.

2. The Cavaliers will likely not place out of the top 8 as they beat both madison AND boston at the last regional. There is that attitude of cockiness amongst the men of the green machine that says "we won't let this happen".

3. As much as people also want to see Crossmen in finals, it just isn't going to happen. The two corps above them are just too solid as the gap was opened quite large at the last competition, They would have significant ground to make up before semi's.

4. The Cadets will place above Phantom to take 3rd place because of 1 big reason - Percussion. As high as phantom is scoring, to see that they got 17.1 in the percussion caption at the last competition shows that not everything about that corps is box 5 material.

Edited by TimbreDeBrass
  • Like 1

I would like to see the Cavaliers fall out of the top 8, with Madison and Boston placing ahead of them...but I doubt that will happen just because they are the Cavaliers.

Edited by Magbo

Call me Mr. Buzz Killington, but I don't think any of these are going to happen.

1. Crown has a fantastic product, but BD has a better product(and they are cleaner than a bunch of mirrors wiped with windex <--- see what I did there?). As much as the crowd may want crown to win, it just isn't going to happen.

2. The Cavaliers will likely not place out of the top 8 as they beat both madison AND boston at the last regional. There is that attitude of cockiness amongst the men of the green machine that says "we won't let this happen".

3. As much as people also want to see Crossmen in finals, it just isn't going to happen. The two corps above them are just too solid as the gap was opened quite large at the last competition, They would have significant ground to make up before semi's.

4. The Cadets will place above Phantom to take 3rd place because of 1 big reason - Percussion. As high as phantom is scoring, to see that they got 17.1 in the percussion caption shows that not everything about that corps is box 5 material.

This. I do believe you are correct sir.

Personally I was having a hard time staying awake during the middle of crowns show when they constantly played 3 half notes over and over and over

If you're bored by Fanfare for the Common Man I feel sorry for your soul. :tongue: But three half notes over and over? At least describe your issues with the piece in language that matches reality! How about "the middle of Crown's show when they played a glorified open-interval brass exercise"? Or "the middle of Crown's show where they remember they should have warmed up *before* the show"?

while tympani players where playing unison hits that weren't together.

:thumbup: See, now was that so hard? :w00t:

Edited by skywhopper

I don't know - BD got great response in Allentown, and Personally I was having a hard time staying awake during the middle of crowns show when they constantly played 3 half notes over and over and over while tympani players where playing unison hits that weren't together.

You are correct! Crown has a great brass line, period. When some corps repeat the same melody throughout it is called boring. When Crown does it it's called staying true to the original score and brilliant

• Like 2

Well, most fans disagree with you.

Have you seen the crowd during a BD performance? :sleeping::bored: ZZZzzzz...

Have you seen the crowd during a Crown performance? :bigsmile::thumbup::worthy:

Well, once again, you are making a hasty generalization. I was at Allentown, and both Devils and Crown received standing ovations. So, yet again, you are wrong...

• Like 2

Well, once again, you are making a hasty generalization. I was at Allentown, and both Devils and Crown received standing ovations. So, yet again, you are wrong...

I think he's going for proof by assertion. If you repeat something often enough it must be true, right?!

Anyway, the Blue Devils have been pretty well received at each of the shows I've attended. Not just Allentown.

• Like 2