Favorite Moments 2012

BD: The goofy fanfare section (don't know the name of the song)

Crossmen: The final hit with the cross

Madison Scouts: The rotating company front

Crown: The insane drill of the opener. Love it.

Phantom Regiment: Nessun Dorma, of course!

Cadets: The final drill montage.

Great moments...

Devils: The Apollo 13 reprise to the end. Magnificent.

Cadets: Jingle Bells jam

Phantom: Nessun Dorma

Cavaliers: The sequenced pre-show to the brass entrance, and the dance ending.

Crossmen: The build into the Maltese cross to the end

Colts: All By Myself

Pacific Crest: Yellow, True Colors

...and the single best moment of the year:

Jersey Surf: The whole LMFAO from start to finish.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

One of the few things that have stuck out in my mind is the Madison Scouts in the last minute of their show forming their famous vertical company front on the 50 and then rotating it around... its a blast from the past and also a play on words as they are performing The Bogatyr Gates movement of Pictures at an Exhibition... newer fans of the activity probably dont realize this is a signature move, like Troopers Sunburst.

Unfortunately you still need a hearing aid at its max to hear Bb horns.

Edited by Da_Expert_has_spoken
  • Like 1

I like this thread. Now I'm going back and trying to catch all these moments that I haven't seen yet on FN.

• Like 1

Quite honestly the only worthwhile and favorite moment Ive witnessed thus far is one of the rare times that all competing corps join in and play together at retreat... depending on the number of corps at that particular show, it takes about 600 some odd Bb horns to sound exactly like 70 G bugles... very little energy and excitement in the shows the past few years.

Epically wrong!

• Like 1

I'm on my way to Indy, so I hope the best is yet to come, but thus far...

CYO Nationals, Quincy: seeing Crown's show for the first time and knowing it could be the winner (we'll see if I'm right about this)

East Coast Classic in Lawrence, MA: two moments. First, SCV's show catching everyone by surprise. This show was so similar to SCV of the 80's and 90's in quality while still being contemporary. Total surprise. Second, the hometown crowd being so excited to see our hometown heroes BAC after their western sojourn!

Allentown: the performance of Surf with Bridgemen watching and then Surf joining Bridgemen alumni for an encore. The performances of Crown, BAC, Phantom and Spirit. Also, Troopers having a bit of a surge. Also, while not a performance, I had the opportunity to watch Cascades practice prior to the show. This group has alot of heart and performed an underappreciated show. Besides, they took in a good number of Teal Sound members so I hope their good deed will be rewarded with new recruits to make the corps a bit larger. Speaking of underestimated, I love Colts' closer and the soloist at the end may be the best this year.

East Rutherford: Everyone performing while we sat in wet seats. It was great to just enjoy their shows.

The insane mello part in the closer of BK's show. Stravinsky didn't write it...but he should have.

What????? Though the fundamental act of arranging allows for some educated latitude, this comment reminds me of how diverse, educated and un-educated, insightful and un-insightful, artistic and non-artistic, mature and consistently immature our drum corps community can be.

The mello part at the end is so contrived I snicker the entire time. The epitome of awkward, un-informed, un-trained brass writing we hear too often.

Edited by recketscience

What????? Though the fundamental act of arranging allows for some educated latitude, this comment reminds me of how diverse, educated and un-educated, insightful and un-insightful, artistic and non-artistic, mature and consistently immature our drum corps community can be (Yes. I ended my sentence with a preposition).

The mello part at the end is so contrived I snicker the entire time. The epitome of awkward, un-informed, un-trained brass writing we hear too often.

"Be" is a verb.