Prelims Scores

Interesting that Crown is getting beat by Phantom and Cadets in some of the visual categories now too. Is that a new development? It seems like they have been 1 or 2 in all the captions except percussion most of the season.

Interesting that Crown is getting beat by Phantom and Cadets in some of the visual categories now too. Is that a new development? It seems like they have been 1 or 2 in all the captions except percussion most of the season.

When you get to Indy, it's all about achievement. Even in Allentown, Phantom and Cadets were on the verge of passing Crown in achievement visually.

• Like 1

Not new at all. How they're beating Regiment in VisProf is beyond me.

• Like 2

####, I was hoping Phantom would be closer to Crown, but they (Crown) sure sounded amazing. Spread between BD and Crown has basically been a point most of the season. I don't see how Crown has a legitmate shot at this point after seeing last nights recap. Brass trophy seems like almost a lock for Crown, but they are losing to BD in almost every other caption. Maybe next year.

I really hope that BK sees this as a gift from above, instead of an absolute. I'm sure SOA wants it back.

####, I was hoping Phantom would be closer to Crown, but they (Crown) sure sounded amazing. Spread between BD and Crown has basically been a point most of the season. I don't see how Crown has a legitmate shot at this point after seeing last nights recap. Brass trophy seems like almost a lock for Crown, but they are losing to BD in almost every other caption. Maybe next year.

I thought Crown would be a lot closer to BD tonight. I thought they were phenomenal tonight. Their brass was almost flawless (with the exception of a very obvious cracked note during one of the Fanfare segments). I thought visually they were cleaner than I had seen all season. I still don't love their show, but I thought they had a chance of beating BD tonight.

I agree ... it looks like BD is firmly in the #1 spot. Crown is probably set for #2, but they better watch their backs. I think BD is better than Crown in design, but I wish there was more competition for the title this year.

I really hope that BK sees this as a gift from above, instead of an absolute. I'm sure SOA wants it back.

All I know is BK better step up tonight, because you can bet SOA, Stars, and Xmen will all bring their A-games to Semis. It's gonna be one heck of a dogfight.

New sheets are worthless... crowd appreciation has again no value. So people will continue to leave as it an as ctivity that rewards boring un melodic dribble.

you might think it's boring, but I find BD's show to be the most entertaining show of the season, and am bored by most of Crown's show. So to each their own. Sit back and enjoy the shows and don't worry about the scores that's someone else's job.

• Like 2

you might think it's boring, but I find BD's show to be the most entertaining show of the season, and am bored by most of Crown's show. So to each their own. Sit back and enjoy the shows and don't worry about the scores that's someone else's job.

Yep. I think that folks would find this activity SO MUCH more enjoyable if they followed this advice...

Having been in the stands for all the shows yesterday, the only group that I think was significantly short-changed in placement was Oregon Crusaders. They were every bit as good (design and execution) as The Academy so they should have been 15th or 16th, IMO. A few other minor swap X for Y (one place up or down), but that's the glaring one to me.