2013 Predictions

2010 and 2011 were both uniform changes for Crown. Their uniform changes from year to year to match the show.

Interesting trend I've noticed with Crown.

2008 was the last year with the old 2004-2008 uniform. They placed 4th in 2008.

2009, they switched uniforms and placed 2nd.

2010 was the year after a uniform change. 4th.

2011 was the year before a uniform change. 4th, like 2008.

2012 was the year of a uniform change. 2nd.

2013, can we predict 4th?

• Like 1

Not sure who will come in where. And I do not care anymore. After more than 45 years in the activity (most actively involved, not just a fan), I am no longer going to shows or caring. Just burned out on all of it.

Plus I cannot stand indoor marching music.

Well take your negative attitude and personal opinions off of here, we don't want to hear it...

• Like 5

I'll take a shot in the dark here, since we've only heard a couple of concepts and assorted rumors

1.) Crown- second year with their new staff, brass staff will still be solid and explosive. Could finally get the push they need to the top. And West Coast swing against SCV and BD will be great

2.) SCV- Rennick gets the Sanford for SCV, the new brass staff makes them super solid, and if what is rumored for their show is true, fan favorite will also come their way. Santa Clara back in championship form

3.) BD- most consistent staff means they can be consistently successful every year. Would be good to see SCV top them again though. :tongue:/>/>

4.) Cadets- Barber show, will be one of my favorites this season

5.) Bluecoats- Always consistent, but always under-the-radar.

6.) Phantom- more killing doesn't increase their placement this time. Slight bump in the road from increased competition at the top

7.) Madison Scouts- 75th anniversary show, getting the pieces in place to move back to the top

8.) Cavaliers- it's a long road back to the top, I give them till 2015 before they start fighting again for titles

9.) Crossen- after last year, Texas kids start staying with the hometown corps

10.) Boston- only so much room at the top, right?

11.) Spirit- same show concept as last year, so same placement?

12.) Academy- I've been saying it since 2010, I have to be right eventually

13.) Blue Stars- give them one more year, they'll come back. New show designs needed though.

14.) Blue Knights- Sully's departure leaves a hole that takes a couple of years to fill. But if what is rumored for their ballad is true, it will be beautiful

15.) PC- moving in the right direction!

16.) Colts- see above, only so many spots in Finals, no matter how good they do

17.) Troopers- they just seem to always be missing a piece to be good

18.) Jersey Surf- taking the bridgmen spirit, and up the performance quality this year

19.) OC- make a statement first year out, but can't run with the big boys quite yet.

20.) Glassmen- financial struggles really hurt recruiting

21.) Mandarins- always a corps that just seems to exist without ever making much noise.

22.) Pioneer- Glassmen's recruiting loss is their gain? Toledo to Milwaukee isn't too far, right?

23.) Cascades- success of OC draws from recruiting pool, and new corps starting up in Northwest can't really help either. Still better than pulling a Teal Sound

Edited by fsubone
  • Like 1

Completely Uneducated guess. Just throwing out what I'd like to see. Lets see how close i can get.

1) Carolina Crown

2) SCV

3) BD

4) Cadets

5) Phantom Regiment

6) Bluecoats

7) Scouts

8) Cavies

9) Boston Crusaders

10) Spirit of Atlanta

11) Crossmen

12)Blue Stars

13) Blue Knights

14) Academy

15) Colts

16) Troopers

17) Pacific Crest

18) Oregan Crusaders

19) Jersey Surf

20) Mandarins

21) SCVC

Edited by Ryan McDonough

After the first couple of camps I wanted to update my predictions...

1)Crown- Just a gut feeling.... The corps is due

2)Phantom- Heard they've got some great momentum going on in the camps

3)Blue Devils- More of a wish, but BD winning would make sense

4)Cadets- Title Contenders again this year? I hope so, love the music...

5)SCV- How long til SCV is running up into the top 3?

6)Bluecoats- Always solid, and enjoyable

7)Boston- Still gonna be consistent but top 6? Maybe...

8)BK- Those talking of BK's demise because of a staff switch are in for a real surprise!! BK not only got many vets back from this past year but also got vets back from 2-3 years ago as well. Last camp was the largest BK hornline Audition ever.... The staff is on board and in sync and there is huge excitement in the air for this season. Also excited to see what Brandy Dubose does with the guard- Very Exciting... I do not think BK will slide from last year and in fact I have a feeling they are going to be pushing top 7 this year.

9)Cavies- What will the identity be this year... Visually, Musically? Cavies back in top 6? In bottom of top 12? Going to be interesting.

10)Madison- Wouldn't be surprised to see Madison in top 5-6, but it seems as though each year they spring out of the gate then slide a bit in finals week.

11)X-men- Retention great and 270 auditionees for the hornline??? Was told that was the number.... They could make some major noise far and above even 11th.

12)Spirit- Programming has been good past two years but will need to be a notch up to compete and move up. I think they'll make finals but it's going to be a battle.

13)Troopers- All Star Staff means big improvement

14)Blue Stars- In hunt for top 12, betting there's fire in their veins.

15)Colts- Sully to Colts equals lots of interst and likely improvement

16)OC- Would be surprised to see Crusaders higher than this.

17)Academy- Unknown.... Lots of talent every year in Arizona, but will this be the year they put it all together?

Wes Perkins

• Like 1

I'll take a shot in the dark here, since we've only heard a couple of concepts and assorted rumors

1.) Crown- second year with their new staff, brass staff will still be solid and explosive. Could finally get the push they need to the top. And West Coast swing against SCV and BD will be great

2.) Rennick gets the Sanford for SCV, the new brass staff makes them super solid, and if what is rumored for their show is true, fan favorite will also come their way. Santa Clara back in championship form

3.) BD- most consistent staff means they can be consistently successful every year. Would be good to see SCV top them again though. tongue.gif/>

4.) Cadets- Barber show, will be one of my favorites this season

5.) Bluecoats- Always consistent, but always under-the-radar.

6.) Phantom- more killing doesn't increase their placement this time. Slight bump in the road from increased competition at the top

7.) Madison Scouts- 75th anniversary show, getting the pieces in place to move back to the top

8.) Cavaliers- it's a long road back to the top, I give them till 2015 before they start fighting again for titles

9.) Crossen- after last year, Texas kids start staying with the hometown corps

10.) Boston- only so much room at the top, right?

11.) Spirit- same show concept as last year, so same placement?

12.) Academy- I've been saying it since 2010, I have to be right eventually

13.) Blue Stars- give them one more year, they'll come back. New show designs needed though.

14.) Blue Knights- Sully's departure leaves a hole that takes a couple of years to fill. But if what is rumored for their ballad is true, it will be beautiful

15.) PC- moving in the right direction!

16.) Colts- see above, only so many spots in Finals, no matter how good they do

17.) Troopers- they just seem to always be missing a piece to be good

18.) Jersey Surf- taking the bridgmen spirit, and up the performance quality this year

19.) OC- make a statement first year out, but can't run with the big boys quite yet.

20.) Glassmen- financial struggles really hurt recruiting

21.) Mandarins- always a corps that just seems to exist without ever making much noise.

22.) Pioneer- Glassmen's recruiting loss is their gain? Toledo to Milwaukee isn't too far, right?

23.) Cascades- success of OC draws from recruiting pool, and new corps starting up in Northwest can't really help either. Still better than pulling a Teal Sound

I'm curious...what is rumored as being BK's ballad?

Can anyone confirm that the crossmen had 270 tryout for the hornline ?