2013 Predictions

I won't try to predict the final placements, but I will predict the following:

1. The first event in the G7-MIMPA special series--Warrensburg, MO on July 11--will be broadcast live in theaters.

2. The G7-MIMPA special series will use some form of modified rules. I'm not sure what yet--sheets, timing, woodwinds, number on the field, ages--but something.

I predict I will now focus my energy on other awesome things:

1) NFL season coming up (GO PACK!!!)

2) My continued weight loss (25 more pounds to go to reach 185 pounds)

3) The awesome ski season ahead (will be buying the Epic Pass!)

If there is one thing Blue Stars and Scouts fans can agree on, it's GO PACK GO!!!! My weight loss goal is slightly less ambitious, I would love to hit 200 lol.

• Like 1

Date Location Corps Score Corps Score Winner COMMENTS:

August 5 Pittsburgh Crossmen 83.1 Blue Stars 85.45 Blue Stars Neutral site less than one week from Finals week and up by more than 2 full points on Crossmen.

August 10 dci Semi-Finals Crossmen win for the first time in EIGHT HEAD-TO HEAD CONTESTS! The FIX was in. My opinion? Blue Stars were tossed under the bus.

You want us to believe the Crossmen's "product" laughing.gif moved up over 2 and a half points in 5 days WITHOUT help? Can you point out any other corps that had this kind of improvement?

Sorry. NEVER!

Do you want me to keep going and reveal some other facts that will prove to be very embarassing to several people who are now sweating like stuck pork? I don't get to use much of these skills since I left Langley. glare.gif

The 2012 Raiders jumped 2.55 points from Semis to Finals. That was over the course of ONE day.... It has happened, and in less time.

2. The G7-MIMPA special series will use some form of modified rules. I'm not sure what yet--sheets, timing, woodwinds, number on the field, ages--but something.

Unless the G-7 want to risk lower scores on the legit DCI sheets, I think instrumentation and number of performers are unlikely to change, because those elements would be too hard to remove for DCI shows. But timing now, hmm. Maybe an extra long show, with a judged instant encore? Easily removed for DCI.

Will DCI be listing the MiM scores on their website?

I see a lot of posts and lists that suggest Madison will do worse in their big anniversary season, I'm wondering why this is. If you thought they had an all star cast of supervisors,consultants and caption heads already just look at what these guys added for this season especially visually. I seem to be in a minority that thinks these guys are still going up..thoughts.

Edited by Armyscout
  • Like 1

I see a lot of posts and lists that suggest Madison will do worse in their big anniversary season, I'm wondering why this is. If you thought they had an all star cast of supervisors,consultants and caption heads already just look at what these guys added for this season especially visually. I seem to be in a minority that thinks these guys are still going up..thoughts.

IMO Madison has been making steady improvement the past 3 years. But so have most of the corps above them. Hard to make a big leap up from 9th unless a number of corps stumble.

Anyway predictions are strictly entertainment. Some people just engage in wishful thinking in these threads (with some of the wishes looking more like curses! ).

The 2012 Raiders jumped 2.55 points from Semis to Finals. That was over the course of ONE day.... It has happened, and in less time.

I would be interested in more of these details. As a Crossmen dad and a DCI alum, scoring has always been a screwy thing. I respect the Blue Stars association and all the kids Heck!, I am a SkyRider alum. Scores can change fr day to day I do believe there is some form of slotting going on but in the end it is what it is. I hope xmen come out of the blocks strong and I hope BS have a strong year. The battle for 12th this year was exciting. As it should be.

I would be interested in more of these details. As a Crossmen dad and a DCI alum, scoring has always been a screwy thing. I respect the Blue Stars association and all the kids Heck!, I am a SkyRider alum. Scores can change fr day to day I do believe there is some form of slotting going on but in the end it is what it is. I hope xmen come out of the blocks strong and I hope BS have a strong year. The battle for 12th this year was exciting. As it should be.

I could identify with the members of Crossmen from this year. In 91, Sky Ryders making Finals seemed like a pipe dream at the start of the season. Getting in like we did was quite the experience.