What does BDs’ victory really mean?

people agree on DCP ?

Does Mike Boo know this ?

He does now. (Pardon me while I go slam my head against a door.)

• Like 1

Well you did mention high schools. Most have more performing groups than that but I get your point.

I came from a freak high school with 2 marching bands, 4 symphonic bands, jazz enseble, brass ensemble, percussion ensemble, 2 winterguards and countless small ensebles.

Coming from a program like that gives me perspective of how others tend to judge you. BDs program gets judged the same wsy.

good and bad.

• Like 1

I just realized that we are assuming BD is all about victory every year. If so, one solution would be that every fifth year they would lay back, take things slower and do a crowd pleaser. Not try to win. Every 0 and 5 year. Corps policy. Like letting the farmer's fields rest every few years.

They would apply all that talent only to send the crowd to Neptune. It could be called "Not Tryin' To Win This Year" or "How To Not Win DCI."

• Like 2

I just realized that we are assuming BD is all about victory every year. If so, one solution would be that every fifth year they would lay back, take things slower and do a crowd pleaser. Not try to win. Every 0 and 5 year. Corps policy. Like letting the farmer's fields rest every few years.

They would apply all that talent only to send the crowd to Neptune. It could be called "Not Tryin' To Win This Year" or "How To Not Win DCI."

They'd do this...and win. Also, their show last year was pretty crowd-pleasing, as well as 2009.

He does now. (Pardon me while I go slam my head against a door.)

Wear a football helmut and you'll be none the worse for the experience, Michael.

And the judges would call it visionary and mind=blowing, and they'd still get the trophy. BD has a system to put themselves at or near the top every year. That corps and fan base have pretty much tried to erase shows that don't medal as "disappointments". It's a mentality thing. Like other people have said, if the judges put a baby-throwing meter on shows, BD would design a show to get more babies thrown farther and faster, because that's just how they operate.

They are probably the most adaptable corps out there, because they take every rule change, and fluidly move right into the new direction with a killer show. 2nd year after asymmetrical drill becomes standard, they have an undefeated season, first year of any-key brass, they take 3rd. First year with narration allowed, they win. First year with crowd engagement added to the sheets, they go undefeated. You can't argue with their model for success. Always adapt and improve

And the judges would call it visionary and mind=blowing, and they'd still get the trophy. BD has a system to put themselves at or near the top every year. That corps and fan base have pretty much tried to erase shows that don't medal as "disappointments". It's a mentality thing. Like other people have said, if the judges put a baby-throwing meter on shows, BD would design a show to get more babies thrown farther and faster, because that's just how they operate.

They are probably the most adaptable corps out there, because they take every rule change, and fluidly move right into the new direction with a killer show. 2nd year after asymmetrical drill becomes standard, they have an undefeated season, first year of any-key brass, they take 3rd. First year with narration allowed, they win. First year with crowd engagement added to the sheets, they go undefeated. You can't argue with their model for success. Always adapt and improve

Which isn't to say that other corps don't adapt too, but I agree- I think BD has the design team to do it the fastest and the best, over and over.

Which isn't to say that other corps don't adapt too, but I agree- I think BD has the design team to do it the fastest and the best, over and over.

Exactly. I think Cadets, SCV, and Crown are pretty adaptable corps as well, but no one seems to make changes as quickly as BD. It's because of their super-consistent design and teaching team, and always getting the best membership year after year.

BORG