The Bushwackers need your assistance

Excellent. Congratulations. You were the "prod which brought it to the surface." We've now been reading about this for pages and pages, long enough so that I feel we may all be able to reach our own decisions on whether or not to contribute. So tell me now, why do you still feel the self-aggrandizing need to continue on this epic crusade of pointing fingers coupled with oh-so-valuable perspective on the corps' lack of foresight and management? Do you feel so important as to think that your voice is helping anybody from either end of the spectrum, or do you just enjoy spitting vitriol on the interwebs any chance you get?

This is coming from someone with no ties whatsoever to either side. I've never even seen the Bushwackers. I just don't understand the self-importance you're putting off in this thread when in reality, your dozens of posts contribute essentially as much as this lone post of mine: nothing.

Team Stu, Drum Corps Police!

LOL +1.

Meh, some of us made our marks on a DCI finals field, others need this discussion board.

• Like 5

LOL +1.

Meh, some of us made our marks on a DCI finals field, others need this discussion board.

:spitting::laughing:

• Like 1

Yep; not only have some of us made our marks on a DCI finals field, but with corps which have DCI rings. :ph34r:

Indeed, I hear even alternates get them. :devil:

Hey, per chance you looking for a Corvette or a new weave? :w00t:

• Like 3

Random question: why are they called the Bushwackers? No disrespect to the corps, but it's a strange name. Where did it originate, and is there meaning to it?

From wikipedia: "Bushwhacking was a form of guerrilla warfare common during the American Revolutionary War, American Civil War and other conflicts in which there were large areas of contested land and few governmental resources to control these tracts." The chapter on the Bushwackers in A History of Drum and Bugle Corps Part 2 confirms a military source for the name the founders selected, and emphasizes the notion of Bushwackers taking the enemy by surprise. It doesn't say why they chose to spell it without an H.

From wikipedia: "Bushwhacking was a form of guerrilla warfare common during the American Revolutionary War, American Civil War and other conflicts in which there were large areas of contested land and few governmental resources to control these tracts." The chapter on the Bushwackers in A History of Drum and Bugle Corps Part 2 confirms a military source for the name the founders selected, and emphasizes the notion of Bushwackers taking the enemy by surprise. It doesn't say why they chose to spell it without an H.

In addition each year the corps crowns the top female and top male member of the corps. they get the title Miss Bush, & Mr. Wacker.

• Like 1

thankfully Bush stopped running the annual Bad beer contest. some of that stuff made swill taste good

• Like 2

In addition each year the corps crowns the top female and top male member of the corps. they get the title Miss Bush, & Mr. Wacker.

That may actually be the funniest thing I have ever seen on here, just for the actual titles that are given out... or maybe I'm just a college kid with a warped mind

Random question... Why are they called the Bushwackers? No disrespect to tge corps but it's a strange name. Where did it originate and is there meaning to it?

Founder of the corps, Mike Olsweski played softball in the Jersey Shore League. After every game, the team visited the local bar which in fact was named "The Bushwacker". Mike thought it would make a great name for his new corps.

Hope this sheds some more light on Bushwacker lore.

Jay

• Like 2