The 990's

Only in 2011 - and it was rained out after one corps performed.

How would this change the income/expenses of the show?

Asking because I can't think of anything. And remembering "donating" a ticket to a show that got "nasty ###ed weathered" out at Bucknell one year....

Expenses went up primarily because the TOC show paid the corps more. Crown also procured temporary seating to increase capacity at the Rock Hill venue, so that might also have added to the costs.

Income depends on ticket sales, and in the event of a rainout, whether those tickets are refundable and/or whether the sponsor obtains rain insurance. I believe that in this case, the tickets were not refundable. The weather forecast was for typical threats of scattered brief storms, so this did not deter same day ticket sales. As a result, they had a good crowd.

Crown also sponsored a show the next day in Summerville, SC, about three hours away. When the rainout was announced at the TOC show, they offered free admission to the Summerville show to anyone with a TOC show ticket stub.

The weather forecast was for typical threats of scattered brief storms, so this did not deter same day ticket sales. As a result, they had a good crowd.

OK, forgot about walk up sales since I haven't made too many regular season shows the last few years due to non-corps related issues. Weird thing was the show I refered to also had a large walk in crowd which was great since the show was re-started after a few years off.

Beautiful weather at 4PM when I bought my ticket. Still nice at 5PM when the walk up crowd line was long. Then it started getting dark.... then lightning in the distance... then two monsoons and I left. Had to detour off US-15 to a goatpath due to downed trees and missed the reported green lightning that came later.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Yikes, 380 replies and still going strong. This thread reminds me of those "Data Universe" sites that show the salary of every cop, fireman, teacher and public employee - ostensibly a public service, but in reality more of a busybody's delight. Dig in, if that's your pleasure. But tmi, as far as I'm concerned.

Peace,

Fred O.

It's 388 posts, Fred, but I realize that numbers are not your strong suit. :tongue:/>

Also, most of those 388 posts are mine; a better indication of this thread's interest is the number of views. I realized from the beginning that most people wouldn't have the interest I do, but I've been quite pleasantly surprised at the number of followers and PM's I've gotten as a result of my "busybody" work on this project; probably as surprised as you are but, obviously, for a different reason.

Please don't let the thread's door hit you in the rear as you leave, but do click on the stars to rate the thread!

Peace

• Like 2

Yikes, 380 replies and still going strong. This thread reminds me of those "Data Universe" sites that show the salary of every cop, fireman, teacher and public employee - ostensibly a public service, but in reality more of a busybody's delight. Dig in, if that's your pleasure. But tmi, as far as I'm concerned.

Peace,

Fred O.

well thanks for popping in and telling us we're doing something stupid with our time

:rolleyes:/>

OK, forgot about walk up sales since I haven't made too many regular season shows the last few years due to non-corps related issues. Weird thing was the show I refered to also had a large walk in crowd which was great since the show was re-started after a few years off.

Beautiful weather at 4PM when I bought my ticket. Still nice at 5PM when the walk up crowd line was long. Then it started getting dark.... then lightning in the distance... then two monsoons and I left. Had to detour off US-15 to a goatpath due to downed trees and missed the reported green lightning that came later.

I remember being trapped in that press box during the storm.

Seems like the best option at the time to me.

Beats sitting near the top and seeing your car waaaaay over there...... and the exit gate is waaay over at the other end of the stadium..... Actual wondered how water proof my cell phone was... Still don't know what was scarier, seeing the lighting coming or being on the goatpath between Lewisburg and the 11-15 split... and seeing a semi coming the other way..... :shutup:

I remember being trapped in that press box during the storm.

Since we strayed off topic, I went to a Cavalier show in Naperville a few years ago and the same thing happened. It was a beautiful afternoon when I arrived but right as the contest started some nasty lightning showed up. Everyone was directed into the stands which doubled as a fieldhouse for the Athletic Department of North Central College. I went up to the press box and the announcer for the show is a weatherman for the ABC Chicago affiliate. (He's a huge drumcorps fan and very knowledgeable about the activity.) I started talking to him about the storm and it was like I put a quarter in him. He pulled out his I-phone and gave me a weather forcast based on the weather maps he displayed on the device. :rolleyes:

It's 388 posts, Fred, but I realize that numbers are not your strong suit. :tongue:/>/>

Also, most of those 388 posts are mine; a better indication of this thread's interest is the number of views. I realized from the beginning that most people wouldn't have the interest I do, but I've been quite pleasantly surprised at the number of followers and PM's I've gotten as a result of my "busybody" work on this project; probably as surprised as you are but, obviously, for a different reason.

Please don't let the thread's door hit you in the rear as you leave, but do click on the stars to rate the thread!

Peace

Hey, whatever floats your boat. Thanks for the dialogue.

regards,

Fred O.