Cadets 2013 Show announcement

Interesting point Hop brings up: using non-movement (Hop-ism for standing). Predict this will become the 'controversial' aspect of this show (for die hard Cadets fans at least). The music has all been done. The other thing I found interesting was the very winterguard-ish idea of having Adagio playing during the entire production and just controlling the mix.

This sounds like a pretty cool show.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

I am really impress with this in depth explanation of their show. I never expected to get this from a corps director. Does he always do this?

Since he mentioned three and four sides possibly being in the mix, I wonder if he is alluding to "inside and outside".

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing this show.

• Like 1

I am really impress with this in depth explanation of their show. I never expected to get this from a corps director. Does he always do this?

Since he mentioned three and four sides possibly being in the mix, I wonder if he is alluding to "inside and outside".

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing this show.

Yes - Hop and the Cadets are masters at keeping their fan base engaged in the offseason (and throughout the Summer too).

Wow. This is why I LOVE the Cadets.

30 minute video about the show, music, and design in the off season is pretty much more than anyone could ever ask for at this time.

Thanks HOP! And Thanks CADETS!

Number 11!!

One can only hope. I just want the show to be "Cadetish" with great music, crazy drill and the crowd "throwing babies."

• Like 1

I just about had a heart attack when I read this. lol

In 2003, I was arranging music for a smaller BOA band in Ohio (who finally made semis this year, woohoo!). The concept we had for 2004 was a show called "Duality." The source music? Barber 1... Adagio for Strings... and freaking Medea.

The show, unfortunately, never came to fruition and the band went in a different conceptual direction, but I've always wanted to put this on the field. Now, if I try to finally bring it together, it will be a Cadets knock-off!

Ah well. :) I'm usually not a Cadets fan, but I can't WAIT to see this production. Massive credit to George Hopkins and the behind-the-scenes looks he (and the organization) are always giving the public. I have a good feeling that this will be one of those rare seasons where I'm a big Cadets fan.

• Like 2

'99 SCV is my favorite show of all time (and yes, I'm a hardcore Regiment phan) and Barber my favorite composer. I kind of hate seeing the piece used again. It's one of those pieces that I was hoping would stay on the shelf and be left alone since it's one of those iconic shows.

Edited by chaos001
  • Like 2