Boston Crusaders invited to Presidential Inaugural Parade

Excellent! Anytime a D&B corps is invited to a national event I am proud to say I know what that is!

Yay Boston!

Parade starts at 2:30 pm Monday ( EST ). The Boston Crusaders will be in Division 3.

http://www.marching.com/news/2013/2013-inaugural-parade-order/

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parade starts at 2:30 pm Monday ( EST ). The Boston Crusaders will be in Division 3.

Thanks Brasso for the local time of the parade start. I am on a drill rig off Guinea-Bissau (west africa) Am in the +1 hr time zone . 1830hrs 6:30 pm will be start time for me to watch..

http://www.marching....l-parade-order/

You can go to Boston face book and get a view of their music.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info......... I'll be watching and cheering!, An exciting day, for sure!

Just spent the weekend with the corps watching the preparations. Their actual step off time is 3:40, but I think most network coverage ends at or about then. I have heard that CSPAN might be covering the whole thing...let's hope!

The corps is excited for this...the parade tune sounds great. The drum corps is full-sized (including a 9 person cymbal line). The new banner and custom made guard uniforms feature a "Waldo" on the front of the shoulder. They are carrying red, white, and blue silks abd have a really cool "book" for the parade tune. The members comprising the American Section (aka honor Guard) are taking this VERY seriously...they are a mix of brass players and front ensemble, and they carry the American flag and Massachusetts flag and are guarded by a rifle and a sabre. They frankly look great.

At this point, my only concern is that they get some tv time....let's keep our fingers crossed!

Oh, and the rest of the camp weekend went great as well! :)

• Like 1

Just spent the weekend with the corps watching the preparations. Their actual step off time is 3:40, but I think most network coverage ends at or about then. I have heard that CSPAN might be covering the whole thing...let's hope!

The corps is excited for this...the parade tune sounds great. The drum corps is full-sized (including a 9 person cymbal line). The new banner and custom made guard uniforms feature a "Waldo" on the front of the shoulder. They are carrying red, white, and blue silks abd have a really cool "book" for the parade tune. The members comprising the American Section (aka honor Guard) are taking this VERY seriously...they are a mix of brass players and front ensemble, and they carry the American flag and Massachusetts flag and are guarded by a rifle and a sabre. They frankly look great.

At this point, my only concern is that they get some tv time....let's keep our fingers crossed!

There are some nice rehearsal videos on the BAC FB page.

Edited by corpsband

Btw, I don't know if the step off time is subject to change, so folks who are interested might want to keep the tv on early....

The members comprising the American Section (aka honor Guard) are taking this VERY seriously...they are a mix of brass players and front ensemble, and they carry the American flag and Massachusetts flag and are guarded by a rifle and a sabre. They frankly look great.

Sounds so cool !

' looking forward to catching them on TV... and hoping its covered.

Sounds so cool !

' looking forward to catching them on TV... and hoping its covered.

See Boston on c-span.org and marching.com web cam