Carolina Crown 2013

The colors in the image that's been posted in this thread are not a good representation. Yes, the shako is custom with the plume to the side. There is a color element in the tunic. The sleeves are short with gauntlets. The cut of the tunic is interesting, to say the least. The pants, the color accents, and the shako are going to cause a bit of a stir. I think the guard outfits are going to be more of a shock than the corps proper uni.

I have seen pics of both the guard and corps uni as well, and I disagree. I think the corps uniform will me much more... discussed... than the guard...

OMG, I love Einstein on the Beach. There's some amazing stuff going on in that piece. Yes, the entire five-hour performance is very overwhelming for folks who aren't prepared for it, but Crown could easily make an entire show out of the most interesting parts and it would be a hit on the field. I am really excited to hear what they come up with. In Klesch's hands this is going to be phenomenal.

And for thunderous goo fans, the EotB score has plenty of thunderous goo of its own. So when Crown bolts out the electronic bass, they're being true to the original this time around. ph34r.gif

Same with Also Sprach Zarathustra for that matter.

EotB is pretty amazing stuff. If you've never seen the production (and only listened), I highly recommend watching the PBS documentary Einstein on the Beach: The Changing Image of Opera. Hopefully there will be a DVD of the recent revival.

While Crown is obviously using a lot of other material, I'm guessing EotB will have a strong influence on the final product.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Anyone know what parts of The Abyss Crown will be playing? iTunes is telling me that he did the score for the movie, but not an exact piece named The Abyss. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Really looking forward to this show. Crown should be able to thrown down all season with this show, and blow the West Coast away. Can't wait to see them live.

Anyone know what parts of The Abyss Crown will be playing? iTunes is telling me that he did the score for the movie, but not an exact piece named The Abyss. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Really looking forward to this show. Crown should be able to thrown down all season with this show, and blow the West Coast away. Can't wait to see them live.

The

at about 1:50.

The

at about 1:50.

Lot's of good cues in that segment. But it seems like the "obvious" one starts earlier. Are they not doing the big fanfare/theme/thing?

over/under on the number of times Crown's show will be introduced as "e equals m c two"?

Hopefully never. I mean how thick do you have to be to not recognize the most popular equation ever created?satisfied.gif

• Like 1