Carolina Crown 2013

I just can't get enough of Crown this year........and the season has barely started!!! I said it last year..............they really wanted it.......and I'll say it again....only....at this point its more than a want but a need, and to me, at least, they really deserve it! Devils were good last year but they just didn't capture what it is that I want as a lover of drum corps...they were clean throughout most everything....but you could tell the clear winner was as far as the fans go.When I go to a show, I don't worry about what will get the most points, but something that can touch me at my very soul with such power it leaves me feeling like I'm on uppers or something...(not that I would know)Crown just has everything I love, but the one thing I love about them is they always seem to cater to the audience....last year was a bad year for me.....I had just got back into really listening to DCI for the first time in a few years, I regret to say......I hadn't even heard of Sparticus until a guy I was working with mentioned them...I went online and youtube and just downloaded a whole bunch of DCI stuff....including Crown...which I didn't much attention to....last time I heard of Crown was a ways back and weren't as good as some of the others...well.....late last spring we found out Mom had cancer and it was too late to do much........being the only kid and son I was a mamas' boy and was absolutely devastated and got so depressed I just happen to turn on my mp3 player during work and one of the first things on was Crown doing last years show....I tell you.......listening to that masterpiece just made me forget my woes......it struck some happiness into a sad place I was in...and I am now a HUGE Crown fan and I really just want them to win this year.....Mom passed about a month after we found out so last summer I spent so much time listening to Crown and the years passed and it did make a few things easier.......just....I don't know all I can say is

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry but I had to get that out

The Enter key is your friend. Get to know your friend.

• Like 3

The Enter key is your friend. Get to know your friend.

I just noticed .......lol my !/1 key was stuck.....I'll fix it

fixed!

Edited by msumello

I did not in any way mean to imply that a group of high school kids could pull this show off. My point is that Crown's show designs seem to be written by those who can't seem to make the leap from high school productions to a more mature production written for more mature musicians/performers. The last couple of shows seem, to me at least, to exemplify this. The Rock Star show, although entertaining to some, seemed to lack a seriousness the judges were looking for. Last years show is a classic example of "too much candy for a nickel." It's like the designers were out to prove that Crown could march, or run, quicker, play more notes while running quicker and transition from one movement to another quicker any anybody else. So much so that the beauty of the design was never allowed to be seen before it was snatched away. There just seems to be an inability to know when enough is enough. Just my opinion.

The show was about super heroes so that's why the show came off as being so difficult (btw how much beauty is there in super heroes?). The fact that you noticed that and saw how ridiculous the entire show was is a testament to the design staff.

you missed my point entirely, but i'm not surprised.

• Like 1

you missed my point entirely, but i'm not surprised.

Your point seems to be claiming the Crown staff has been incapable of putting together a show that shows off the talent of their students with mature enough productions.

We are seeing the bleeding over of other activities and some groups are picking up on all of those activities. Some better than others. But the programs and execution of the shows by Crown have far surpassed the BOA and WGI production level, to me at least.

They had a monster of a show last year and again this year. They seemed to be struggling with the task of cleaning the visual parts of the show which made it seem lower quality to some. This year they have the task of taking their show to the level they've never been.

Lets hope they can do it this year with another beautiful show!

• Like 2

999551_10151664132902641_793795819_n.jpg

GOOD LUCK CROWN!

• Like 3

I think every corps traveling through AZ for this show plans a nap block or something during the afternoon. When it's 105 by noon, it's not safe to be outside all day with a show that night. Don't know how Academy does all-days in that heat.

• Like 1