Carolina Crown 2013

I think every corps traveling through AZ for this show plans a nap block or something during the afternoon. When it's 105 by noon, it's not safe to be outside all day with a show that night. Don't know how Academy does all-days in that heat.

I've often wondered the same thing myself. When it's 105 out and you're on turf, things can get nasty quick. I distinctly remember getting an AC break around lunchtime in Kansas in 2010. Helped a lot, but then we were out performing at 6-7pm when it was still ~100 out in uniforms. Yeesh.

Anyway...good luck tonight Crown!

I've often wondered the same thing myself. When it's 105 out and you're on turf, things can get nasty quick. I distinctly remember getting an AC break around lunchtime in Kansas in 2010. Helped a lot, but then we were out performing at 6-7pm when it was still ~100 out in uniforms. Yeesh.

Anyway...good luck tonight Crown!

at least its not humid in Arizona like it is here in the Ozarks.....with our humidity its awful....luckily Missouri State has white uniforms and not black like I had in high school....

I think every corps traveling through AZ for this show plans a nap block or something during the afternoon. When it's 105 by noon, it's not safe to be outside all day with a show that night. Don't know how Academy does all-days in that heat.

This is basically how a lot of H.S. band camps run out there as well, late in the summer, at least when I lived there. 7am-9pm, outside the majority of the time. The kids at Academy are probably accustomed to it. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Edited by dcsnare93

Have the morning off and was perusing through the wonder that is "Youtube" and ran across ten videos of their rehearsal on June 17th. I am just amazed at the growth these performers are already showing. I can't wait for the staff to get ahold of some tapes and see where they draw the show to next!

Here's one of my favorite clips of their rehearsal that day:

And here's another run through for your viewing from later that rehearsal:

Edited by DcFr3aK
  • Like 2

Have the morning off and was perusing through the wonder that is "Youtube" and ran across ten videos of their rehearsal on June 17th. I am just amazed at the growth these performers are already showing. I can't wait for the staff to get ahold of some tapes and see where they draw the show to next!

Here's one of my favorite clips of their rehearsal that day:

And here's another run through for your viewing from later that rehearsal:

Narration during the ballad has improved a lot since the speaker has practiced it more and gotten more confident with it. Went from kind of corny to pretty powerful. Fantastic show, absolutely fabulous. I'm not sure I've seen anything like that this early in the season.

• Like 3

Narration during the ballad has improved a lot since the speaker has practiced it more and gotten more confident with it. Went from kind of corny to pretty powerful. Fantastic show, absolutely fabulous. I'm not sure I've seen anything like that this early in the season.

Agreed.

I'm almost certain they changed narrators - someone said they had a DM doing it before, and now it's a baritone player. One of the singers too.

• Like 2

1371696014[/url]' post='3269424']

I'm almost certain they changed narrators - someone said they had a DM doing it before, and now it's a baritone player. One of the singers too.

I haven't seen them since they hit the road, but I'm 100% certain that they had the left DM doing the ballad narration before. I guess they really did change narrators because it doesn't even sound like the same person in the recording from the other day.

Back during the winter camps it was the baritone guy (call him Mr. K) than once on the field in spring training they switched to the DM (call him Mr. H) and looks like once they hit the road it was back to Mr. K. I know there have been many different reiterations of the poem since the spring. As I told Mr. K some time ago…use your BEST Barry White voice!

Back during the winter camps it was the baritone guy (call him Mr. K) than once on the field in spring training they switched to the DM (call him Mr. H) and looks like once they hit the road it was back to Mr. K. I know there have been many different reiterations of the poem since the spring. As I told Mr. K some time ago…use your BEST Barry White voice!

I hope he did not say "Who is that?" :tongue:/>

06-barry-white-091407.jpg