Carolina Crown 2013

I still do not get Crown. Every thing is too over done IMO.

EMC2,

Could it be that you are having problems with E=MC2 because it doesn't equal you, ha, ha?? EMC2/E=MC2)

I do agree with the above poster who cites the crowd reaction during the narratation, the drift of the current designers toward the voice in such a large arena because certain judges like it, the questionable use of a male narrator doing female parts, and even whether the words get in the way of the music or best expresses it. But it is only June and changes of some sort will come, if only to keep the performers on their toes.

• Like 1

CA doesn't worry me -- Vegas worries me :-)

You know you're in deep #### when the youngin's return from tour and say...."you know Dad, when we were in California........" blink.gif/>

Edited by Plan9

The only "nararation" that I would say there is in this show that would be considered cheesy by some is in the ballad. The rest of the vocalized stuff in my opinion REALLY works and covers up absolutely nothing or restricts how much the brass plays, at all. Besides the opening, the counting stuff is only in the drum feature or little brass musical breaks. When they are doing these, the brass is booking it or the drums are throwing down some sick notes. Otherwise, there are no extended sections of just vocalizations where nothing else is going on.

I guess you are gonna love em or hate em, and I respect that. I just don't think it's on the tackiness level of BD 05, Cadets 08, ect that some people are making it out to be, not even close. That's all I have to say and how I feel about them.

• Like 6

I guess you are gonna love em or hate em, and I respect that. I just don't think it's on the tackiness level of BD 05, Cadets 08, ect that some people are making it out to be, not even close. That's all I have to say and how I feel about them.

It isn't on the same level as Cadets 2008, which was incredibly cheesy and awful, but it is pretty close.

Edited by ApathyJones
  • Like 1

I still do not get Crown. Every thing is too over done IMO.

I totally agree emc2. This seems to be the problem with most of their shows. The designers just don't know when enough is enough.

• Like 4