Santa Clara Vanguard 2013

Nope. SCV 2013 is definitely not a retro show. People are going to say that because it's also definitely not a "checklist" show, but those aren't the only two alternatives.

Incidentally, I know it irritates some DCPers, but It's nice to see that SCV's cone of silence is fully functional.

I will respectfully disagree with you on this statement- it's no retro as in 70's / 80's era- but when people watch this show and compare it to let's say, Crown's or BD's show this year- it will feel a bit "retro"- and as such, will be a fan favorite.

• Like 1

I have a feeling even with the SCV cone of silence intact someone will end up posting pictures of the uniforms tonight. Some people just don't like listening when the corps says no audio or video. I'll probably go to the dress rehearsal too, guess I will see you up there. I'm interested to see what the ending looks like, since they are supposedly going to have it on the field for Friday.

• Like 1

I have a feeling even with the SCV cone of silence intact someone will end up posting pictures of the uniforms tonight. Some people just don't like listening when the corps says no audio or video. I'll probably go to the dress rehearsal too, guess I will see you up there. I'm interested to see what the ending looks like, since they are supposedly going to have it on the field for Friday.

I'll be the guy in the sweatshirt- should have had one last night watching BD! :smile:/>

I'll be the guy in the sweatshirt- should have had one last night watching BD! :smile:/>/>

It did get chilly last night. Also because Madera's stadium is near farm-land, so it gets extra cold at night. Hopefully there is good turn-out this year for the dress rehearsal. I'll remember a sweatshirt too, it gets cold in the hills.

I have a feeling even with the SCV cone of silence intact someone will end up posting pictures of the uniforms tonight.

I'm sure that's why the corps began revealing it yesterday, because the uniform won't be under wraps anymore after tonight. What surprises me is that not only did the details of the modifications not leak, but the very fact that there were any didn't either.

I'll be the guy in the sweatshirt- should have had one last night watching BD! :smile:/>/>

Just a coincidence because Crown is coming into town??

I heard certain posters on DCP bluster that it would be a "cold day in hel-" before they let a non-California corps whip them in their own West Coast contest...

Just a coincidence because Crown is coming into town??

I heard certain posters on DCP bluster that it would be a "cold day in hel-" before they let a non-California corps whip them in their own West Coast contest...

Well, it happened a couple of years ago with Cadets, could be happening again. Luckily though the weather in California is cooling down a bit, so should make it nice for the corps having shows this weekend.

I got to see a preview of the new uniform from top to bottom last night during the final run through. By top to bottom I guess I should say top and bottom, the middle won't be shown until tonight. They put their shoes and hats on for the last hour of practice. Some parts of their new uniforms are previewed on the SCV facebook page. I like what I see so far. I should probably read this entire thread but I haven't. If I were to make a guess it would be that the traditional green in the uniform will be replaced with black. Just a guess but we will know soon. I am guessing that I am going to love the uniform for this show.

As for the show I watched the corps practice for three hours last night. I have loved the music for this show for years and really like what the Vanguard is doing with the music and can't wait to see it again this Friday in Clovis. For those parents that are concerned about their kids and the Central Valley heat I can tell you that I went in shorts and a tee and by the time I left after 10 pm I was freezing. I cold front with winds has moved into the valley. I have loved the music for this show.

I really haven't been paying attention to who all are on staff with the Vanguard but after listening to them work with the kids last night I am impressed with the way they work with/treat the kids. Their style should get the best out of the kids.

Nope. SCV 2013 is definitely not a retro show. People are going to say that because it's also definitely not a "checklist" show, but those aren't the only two alternatives.

Incidentally, I know it irritates some DCPers, but It's nice to see that SCV's cone of silence is fully functional.

I kinda' thought he meant the uniform. Take a look at SCV's uniform in 1994 when they did "The Red Poppy".

1994Guard.jpg

There's probably a better one out there on the net....or find the video.

Vanguard! Why you no post yet?!

• Like 2