G7 Update

Maybe you should be asking why a coalition within a marching band circuit needs to conduct its business with secrecy worthy of a three letter agency? Or why insiders are so motivated to leak the stuff? Sunlight is the best disinfectant, as they say.

Has it been decided that DCI is a marching band circuit now?

Good to know that the public is now Privy to GH's private email...

The DCI staff member should be reprimanded IMO

Why do you assume it's a staff member? Maybe George was the OP. Anyway, this was not a "private" email. It was sent to a large number of people. At least to the entire board, probably to several other people. The recipients certainly did not agree, implicitly or explicitly, to conceal the contents of the email. This is nothing like the snippets of G7 email conversation that were posted a few weeks ago (and properly removed) wherein all of the participants assumed it was a private conversation between them.

Edited by skywhopper

Why do you assume it's a staff member? Maybe George was the OP. Anyway, this was not a "private" email. It was sent to a large number of people. At least to the entire board, probably to several other people. The recipients certainly did not agree, implicitly or explicitly, to conceal the contents of the email. This is nothing like the snippets of G7 email conversation that were sent wherein all of the participants assumed it was a private conversation between them.

Definitely. The contents clearly indicate that it is not a personal letter between private individuals, but an official letter being sent on behalf of entire organizations. No expectation of privacy to be expected and none to be guaranteed (legally speaking).

Why do you assume it's a staff member? Maybe George was the OP. Anyway, this was not a "private" email. It was sent to a large number of people. At least to the entire board, probably to several other people. The recipients certainly did not agree, implicitly or explicitly, to conceal the contents of the email. This is nothing like the snippets of G7 email conversation that were posted a few weeks ago (and properly removed) wherein all of the participants assumed it was a private conversation between them.

Someone who received the letter sent it. They must be affiliated with DCI some how. I guess everyone is okay with that since I'm getting berated... Yeah DCP!

• Like 1

Someone who received the letter sent it. They must be affiliated with DCI some how. I guess everyone is okay with that since I'm getting berated... Yeah DCP!

The letter was sent to the DCI BOD - and perhaps others as well - but the DCI BOD are corps directors, not DCI staff. So we're wondering why you assume it was DCI staff and not a corps director - or someone that a corps director forwarded the letter too? You are the one making assumptions here.

Edit to add that there were probably several dozen more people that had this letter within minutes of it being sent to the original group. It could have been any one of a number of people that posted it.

Edited by CACTSC

So, if DCI is now going to be sponsoring three different competitive music activities, how does that affect the G7's takeover request? If anything, the board should be diversified further, not restricted to DCI WC finalists. :thumbup:/>

Maybe DCI is realizing that traditional drum corps as we know it isn't sustainable long term and will let them ride it into the ground? :ph34r:

• Like 1

I'd like some evidence to confirm your belief that a DCI staff member is responsible.

Please.

true...LOL, I have seen YEA info leaked by YEA employees