Corps Moves

Since I've only taken in two finals and a few shows in MA, I've relied on the FN to see all types of moves since 74. For that I thank Mr. Blair and his crew from the director(s), the camera crew, and the editing folks. So my "move" is the camera shot of the pass through from BAC 2012 pre-show about 50 seconds in. Not too many members, but just so simple and nice.

A first place trophy and ring trumps quiet applause every time.

Maybe for the Blue Devils.

Not so much for those watching.

• Like 4

The superman patch was from an alumni fundraiser campaign back in 09. They sewed them into the collar of the uniform that year if I remember correctly. If an alumnus donated a certain amount he received a patch. I have mine around here somewhere.

I have mine taped to the door of my dorm so its the last thing i see when i exit my room each day and i have my aussie hanging above my desk. my neckerchief we wore for finals is also on display in my room along with the finalist medal.

i thought they ended up giving away the remaining green superman patches to age-outs in 2010 but i might be wrong

I can't recall the exact year of its introduction, but I think the SCV Bass Line "lean back/leg up" visual dates way back to the 70's; I know SCV used that visual in '84 and I'm pretty sure during the drum break in YPG in '81 as well. Also, the souvie T-shirts of the day featured a rendering of the bass line or player in that pose.

While always "tight", SCV's cymbal line really took it to the next level in '84 visually and it went from there. Can someone tell this old phart when the Viper came into existence? I wish some year someone would throw a "breakway" dummy prop at the cymbal line during the Viper move such that it gets sliced up, like Ninja Fruit Warrior.

Others.... Bridgemen's " shuffle step "

Kilties...." The Wedge "

SCV..... " their prominent use of the cymbal line "

VK......." their prominent use of the cymbal line " ( if you get my drift )

I caught the drift. The cymbal line caught the draft.

• Like 1

SCV in the 70's doing a high mark time in a company front with the white bucks.

Crossmen did a box collapsing that seemed to keep collapsing when they did their Superman show. I think it was around 1979 or 80. Tony Smith was their drill writer at the time.

BD did a circle unwind thing in thelate 70's early 80's.

Bridgemen company front on their knees

Iconic moves = Garfield Z pull; 27's Danny Boy wheel; Rockford File feature for Phantom; Troopers burst

Now that I think about it BD used the giant gate turns in their closer for more years than they probably should have - but they really worked - 73, through pretty much 84 - where they were more an "M" that moved - maybe because Micheal Moxley was still running the show? Strange to think about it now. After that from 86 or so they were flat company fronts.

Now that I think about it BD used the giant gate turns in their closer for more years than they probably should have - but they really worked - 73, through pretty much 84 - where they were more an "M" that moved - maybe because Micheal Moxley was still running the show? Strange to think about it now. After that from 86 or so they were flat company fronts.

"This has been a Mike Moxley production!" was what a lot of us thought when we hit that set. The 83 and earlier vets were hoping for the gates....never even tried them once, tho.

• Like 1