Just ONE change!

At least 70% of members come from within a 100 mile radius.

This would build local membership, and ownership of the corps by the region.

I don't think quality would fall off; and everyone would be under the same rules.

It worked in the 1970s. Ans there were way more corps then.

• Like 2

At least 70% of members come from within a 100 mile radius.

This would build local membership, and ownership of the corps by the region.

I don't think quality would fall off; and everyone would be under the same rules.

It worked in the 1970s. Ans there were way more corps then.

Surely a healthy condition. Very much what DCA corps have now. I live a couple miles from the YEA office. The Cadets are simply outstanding, but I suspect less than 10 Cadets live closer to YEA than I do. So, are the Cadets my local corps?

Just get rid of the electronics. Thanks.

• Like 3

...If you could introduce just ONE change that will cause more people to become consumers of this product, either as participant or paying customer, what would you offer?

DCI World Finals broadcast on network television, underwritten by major corporations who would get the commercial breaks to themselves. Hopefully this would introduce drum corps to the largest number of new and potential fans, and info would be supplied on new ticker-type "crawls" throughout about finding shows in their area for the next season, how to buy corps merchandise, how to audition for a corps, how to bring a corps to their city and how to start up a new corps. Also included would be info on starting up SoundSport and Drumline Battle entries and how to bring those productions to their community as well.

• Like 5

DCI World Finals broadcast on network television, underwritten by major corporations who would get the commercial breaks to themselves. Hopefully this would introduce drum corps to the largest number of new and potential fans, and info would be supplied on new ticker-type "crawls" throughout about finding shows in their area for the next season, how to buy corps merchandise, how to audition for a corps, how to bring a corps to their city and how to start up a new corps. Also included would be info on starting up SoundSport and Drumline Battle entries and how to bring those productions to their community as well.

I'd add the DCA championship to this.

But that's just me. :tongue:

Associate every drum corps program with a college or university.

I think a lot of people would turn out to see USC's or Notre Dame's drum corps battle on a football field against Alabama.

If I were to make just one change..hmmmmm....

I would eliminate traditional uniforms and move to costumes for the entire corps that highlight the show theme.

If I were able then to add another...I'd use a lot more micced singing.

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1

less weight on GE

also, a real marketing program

If you could introduce just ONE change that will cause more people to become consumers of this product, either as participant or paying customer, what would you offer? Remember now, just ONE change.

Only one, eh? How to decide?

Since more participants would bring more customers, we should increase participation. Need more corps for that. There are several ways to go about that, but if only one is allowed -

We must recruit people to run corps. Running a corps is more work intensive than it used to be, and most of the corps we are losing are on account of directors quitting with no one willing/able to fill their shoes.