Blue Devils Announce Show

There's vid of the uniformed run from Friday night on an alum-only FB page....but we've been asked not to post it anywhere else.

Cone of Silence is the best DCI unit in the off season, imo

Edited by BRASSO

I think so far BD, SCV, and Bluecoats have gone the longest without seeing run-throughs leaked. Good for them. As cool as it is to see how the corps are doing during spring training, it's good to see some people are respecting the corps' wishes by not filming them and putting them online.

I'll be seeing BD and SCV later on this week, so I'll be excited to see how they look before the first show. Think this season is going to be quite the fight for the top spots.

Summer will be underway shortly, and everyone will get to see all the shows in their various incarnations via youtube, fn, and live shows. By late August, you might even be tired of them after hitting the reply button 100 times. It's fun to get to see the shows for the first time, but looking at some yt comments I can see why some corps directors are hesitant in the early run throughs.

• Like 1

Appears the BD 2013 thread was locked. All the other 2013 corps threads seem to be able to focus on the shows at hand, and not all the extraneous "stuff".

One thing is for certain, many corps are receiving good reviews as being better prepared going into the start of this season. I'm anxiously anticipating (is that redundant?) this weekend in the west.

BD regularly begins strong. Perhaps others are concluding they should try to start out stronger themselves, so as to begin the tour cleaning process from a more advantageous spot. I have seen other corps prefer to work and come from behind, but if corps staffs are trying to eliminate any sort of "slotting" , I would think beating BD early would be a great strategy.

What I'd like to see - BD win this weekend by 5 points, and no one else get within 3 points all summer. but that's just me...

Okay, okay - some red negatives, that's cool.

For the record, I promise to be blatantly pro BD only on BD threads. On all other threads I will appreciate all points of view.

Edited by c mor
  • Like 5

One thing is for certain, many corps are receiving good reviews as being better prepared going into the start of this season. I'm anxiously anticipating (is that redundant?) this weekend in the west.

I think the only thing that's certain is that every single year we hear how each corps is more prepared than they were at the same time the previous year. We should be starting out with perfect 100's the number of years in a row we've heard this!

I think the only thing that's certain is that every single year we hear how each corps is more prepared than they were at the same time the previous year. We should be starting out with perfect 100's the number of years in a row we've heard this!

I have been here less than a year so I will defer to your experience in these matters. :thumbup:/>