Rumblings from CADETLAND

Just noting how we go from cadets send too many emails to suddenly they don't send enough to inform their fans on events they have and should rely on DCP.

God forbid they try and use one of the many pre-season info sessions they do to target donors as a means to generate more funds.

Did anyone listen in to the webinar and was anything new shared? I had to work so I could afford to buy those show tickets and donate...

Thanks.

Edited by drilltech1

Did anyone listen in to the webinar and was anything new shared? I had to work so I could afford to buy those show tickets and donate...

Thanks.

Nothing really earth shatteringly new. They've gotten rid of "weapons" (i.e. rifles and sabres) and are going to use more abstract, less threatening equipment. As of now, they don't plan to end the show fast & furious. They showed a sketch of the towers. There were plenty of mis-spellings. And they already have a concept for 2014 which comes from The Last Five Years. (Will be doing a split corps again.)

less threatening equipment?

really???

less threatening equipment?

really???

I'm paraphrasing. But Hop did make mention that part of the reasoning for the change was due to what's going on in the world. I know he has very strong feelings in regards to gun control, so I'm assuming that plays into it as well. I don't really care that they're switching to something different - an abstract object flying through the air is just as arbitrary to a show about duality as is a rifle or sabre shaped object.

But I'm also not thinking that this move will decrease gun violence in America.

• Like 1

They used this same "threatening" equipment during their Christmas show...

They used big commas in 2001. Switched back for their 9/11 show in 2002 because it fit thematically I guess to use rifles. Just never switched back again after that for whatever reason.

• Like 1