Rumblings from CADETLAND

The ballad is fantastic, but 8 minutes of moderate-tempo, fairly "stock" drill means that Medea better be epic. I'm hoping to see super-human stuff, like we haven't seen in a few years from them.

Yeah, and we need some Cadets whiplash drill thrown in there too. I don't see much of that in this show yet.

The ballad is fantastic, but 8 minutes of moderate-tempo, fairly "stock" drill means that Medea better be epic. I'm hoping to see super-human stuff, like we haven't seen in a few years from them.

Hop stated earlier that there was no plan for a fast and furious ending...

I too, am looking and waiting for my throw baby moment from them.

• Like 1

Yeah, and we need some Cadets whiplash drill thrown in there too. I don't see much of that in this show yet.

There's still time bro. You know Cadets will change parts of the show drastically between now and........tomorrow. That's what they do and they do it well.

I really like this show. Normally I hate it when corps rehash music that has already been done (like some corps last year and some this year too), but this show is really exciting for me. I love everything I've heard from my 3 favorite corps this year.

Wait...there are no plans for a crazy ending? How does one end Medea gracefully?

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Hop mentioned in a webinar a few months ago that they will most likely NOT be running and gunning in the closer. Doesn't mean it will be a graceful ending. Just won't be as frantic as usual I guess.

I didn't think I'd even notice, but the lack of pants stripe really bugs me. Looks ... weird. I know, I know, progress and all of that. Just... weird.

Mike

Besides looking like they are now wearing Crown's hand me downs, the new pants are in fact made of similar material to what Crown is wearing this year. The lack of, shall we say, "starch" in the pants can occasionally come off slovenly in the drill moves, especially since the rest of the uniform eeks of military bearing. SCV had a similar problem when they first removed the stripes years ago and had to change the cut of the pants so that they stopped looking like squats. To me the lack of stripes makes the corps members look short, particularly from the GE box angle; especially after the very noble looking DM-like uniforms worn last year which oozed regal bearing; the side stripes elongate the body posture. One doesn't tinker with a multi-decade tradition which accumulated its own wisdom over the years. But live and learn. Hopkins is owned by the manufacturing lobbyists one might wonder.

Besides, didn't our mothers teach us all, just because everyone else is jumping (off a bridge) doesn't mean we should too. And look, BD, Crown, Bluecoats, Troopers, et al. are all bringing back stripes although in differing positions.