Rumblings from CADETLAND

I just ordered tickets for Chambersburg because I'd get a free CD. Hopefully mine is in the mail.

Do you get a free CD if you order finals tickets from them?

According to facebook they are learning a 20 page tag today. Sounds promising. lol

The covered props

https://vine.co/v/huu5ODMDg3U

There will be a lot of bold color on the field.

Your link gives rise to another question with the props. Certainly, there will be much color on the field.

Will the corps members look dwarfed in contrast? Especially since they looked so tall in the drum major's white uniform they all wore last season.

Second, your link dramatizes the challenge of the wind for props which are not taut. Will that be a distraction or dirty the image?

Certainly this will not be a problem for the indoor shows of Atlanta, San Antonio, and Indy.

But what about the ToC shows (all outdoors) and the rest of the season? What if Minneapolis throws another windy storm situation? Will the drill become more boring with no colorful props to compensate?

Edited by drilltech1

Your link gives rise to another question with the props. Certainly, there will be much color on the field.

Will the corps members look dwarfed in contrast? Especially since they looked so tall in the drum major's white uniform they all wore last season.

Second, your link dramatizes the challenge of the wind for props which are not taut. Will that be a distraction or dirty the image?

Certainly this will not be a problem for the indoor shows of Atlanta, San Antonio, and Indy.

But what about the ToC shows (all outdoors) and the rest of the season? What if Minneapolis throws another windy storm situation? Will the drill become more boring with no colorful props to compensate?

Well, Lets be real here... the wind messes with everyone. All those things being tossed in the air by every colorguard get messed up.

With the corps members looking small... Will have to see them in action.

I don't think there will be any height issues, no moreso than with other props years (e.g., BD 2010, Crown 2011 for example). I do wonder about the wind fluttering them, though -- on the other hand, they might not want to secure the fabric on the sides (assuming they could, esp. with setup time), as it might cause the props to then move with the wind, and that would be even worse.

Precisely why I teach VOCAL music. blink.gif

Precisely why I teach VOCAL music. blink.gif

Hey, no pushing Crown on the Cadets' thread.:tongue:/>

• Like 1