Rumblings from CADETLAND

Per Facebook, another bus breakdown on the way to Broken Arrow tonight. :thumbdown:/>

Cadets are having just ridiculous bus bad luck this year. If it's true that adversity builds champions, The Cadets will be near unstoppable after a couple more weeks.

Maybe it's time to fire the bus company they're using. This is ridiculous. :doh:

They've actually done that once already ....

Well geez. In 2013 it's crazy they're having all these issues with buses. We didn't have half the issues 13 years ago that they're having now. I feel so bad for the corps to have to deal with all this crap.

Yes, this is bus company #2 for the season. Just made the change recently. This is at least the second issue with this company in a short period of time.

it's the prop's fault

or TOC's - whichever :doh:

• Like 1

Eh, bus breakdowns are just part of the game. Some corps will go through 5 or 6 buses in a season because of breakdowns. At least the kids don't have to push them down the road anymore.

it's the prop's fault

or TOC's - whichever :doh:/>

Comparisons have been made to 87 with the down ending. Bus problems hold true, and coming from behind. Props never factored into 87 though. Or the TOC.

Are the towers at this point hurting their visual GE?

Yes. The towers are out of position sometimes, and they do not move well to said positions. I realize there are going to be new silks for the flags and the towers later in the season, but for now, having them the same color does make some visual mud. Were the flags in the same color palette as the towers but a shade or two lighter it would still set the tone for the music while giving the flag work some clarity. I wish they would have asked for some outside design help for the towers. It would have afforded them more flexibility with color changes, mobility, and the ability to have members perform inside of them safely. But, it is what it is, and it's too late to grumble about that.

Yes. The towers are out of position sometimes, and they do not move well to said positions. I realize there are going to be new silks for the flags and the towers later in the season, but for now, having them the same color does make some visual mud. Were the flags in the same color palette as the towers but a shade or two lighter it would still set the tone for the music while giving the flag work some clarity. I wish they would have asked for some outside design help for the towers. It would have afforded them more flexibility with color changes, mobility, and the ability to have members perform inside of them safely. But, it is what it is, and it's too late to grumble about that.

I just think there should be this rule of design. The larger the prop the more versatile they should be. You can't have massive boxes on the field that are ONLY used to hang fabric and roll around.

Use them to climb on, the interact with, to hang flags from, to pull things out of, to hide things inside/behind... Idk just do MORE with the largest props in the field! Even last year the presents opened up and became guard equipment for them to slide on and repositioned to create a new setting.

I just don't think they are yet maximizing how effective they can be and missing opportunities in their ability to be used in multiple forms and functions. If they were designed just to split sides... They didn't need to be so huge.

Edited by charlie1223