Rumblings from CADETLAND

In picture 34 of 55 ... is that the guard uni(s) in the background on right?

ha,ha, not their guard

"Holy Name Cadets" patches left sleeve ... old unis possibly?

Nah, the corps has worn that patch each year since the 75th anniversary in 2009.

I don't know anything officially at all. I just imagine that the spirit continues, just like the MM have the alums and MM tap the buckles before each performance to invoke the intercessions of those who have gone before them.

We shall see.

I watched some standstill runthrough vids that were uploaded on Youtube yesterday. I know it's early and all that, but I was quite impressed. It's definitely a championship-calibre music book. My only quibble was that Medea in the closer needs more Medea-like themes! If it progresses like their other top-level shows have, though, the brass line is going to be an absolute beast of a section...

Mike

I watched some standstill runthrough vids that were uploaded on Youtube yesterday. I know it's early and all that, but I was quite impressed. It's definitely a championship-calibre music book. My only quibble was that Medea in the closer needs more Medea-like themes! If it progresses like their other top-level shows have, though, the brass line is going to be an absolute beast of a section...

Mike

The percussion section is going to be a beast this summer. Brass will have to be something else.

• Like 1

Mike

Don't worry the actual Madea section before the Finale has all themes you are familiar with.

• Like 2

In picture 34 of 55 ... is that the guard uni(s) in the background on right?

No, this is the outfit for the guard this year. The Cadets posted it on Facebook a few weeks ago.

CADETS2013-F.jpeg

and yet the corps, including drum line, wore the stripes for the Erie parade last weekend...

According to my sponsorees, Hopkins told the corps that the matter was under review; at the April camp he told them that the new pants would not be ready until just before the first show. So old pants would be worn for Erie, with stripes. Then all the other corps started adding stripes.

One negative reason for without stripes is perhaps the cost factor. Another reason against is a visual tick highlighter. But they do have tenure for several decades and perhaps have earned their retirement.

I guess we will have to wait until the first full week of contests to see. :music:/>/>/>/>/>

Edited by drilltech1