Rumblings from CADETLAND

Interesting how the other corps threads are gushing over said corps and offering support but this thread is loaded with people (alumni, ex staff etc) ranting about horrible towers or GH. Very little about great brass (best in a decade), wonderful show or potentially winning percussion section this year. Go over to Crowns thread, and they been measuring the kids for their Gold metals since June. With the exception of a few, please go start another thread called, LES MIS, the real life miserables. Never saw so many Debbie and Davey Downers.

• Like 4

... People get way too offended way too easily...

Hop's trashing of the south and public airing of problems with a particular school are a major PR problem not just for the Cadets, but for all of drum corps. I'm not offended by what Hop said but if I were a school band director I would think twice before agreeing to host a corps. Doesn't the Cadets have staff who scout this stuff out?

• Like 1

Go over to Crowns thread, and they been measuring the kids for their Gold metals since June. With the exception of a few, please go start another thread called, LES MIS, the real life miserables. Never saw so many Debbie and Davey Downers.

Half of the Crown thread is argument over the use of voice and there's tons of griping about percussion. SCV's thread included a lot of moaning over the unis. Take it easy, we'll get back to the percussion and brass. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Hop's trashing of the south and public airing of problems with a particular school are a major PR problem not just for the Cadets, but for all of drum corps. I'm not offended by what Hop said but if I were a school band director I would think twice before agreeing to host a corps. Doesn't the Cadets have staff who scout this stuff out?

Hey just so you guys know, He apologized for his comments on his facebook page. People are human. No one is perfect. He made a mistake and apologized.

• Like 3

no it wasn't well written I agree.

still doesnt give a defense for Hop shooting off his mouth yet again

I said he should have handled it in private - or differently :tongue:

So we agree!

• Like 1

Hopkins didn't "TRASH" "the South" - he said they often get bad housing / facilities

That's all. He was talking about the housing / educational facilities...

And anyone who has ever toured in drum corps KNOWS THIS IS TRUE. Remember the horror stories from finals in Jackson, MS? (rhetorical, I'm sure you do)

• Like 2

So I guess you missed the section about it being a brand new facility opened last August ?

yes - the brand new facility where they weren't going to have access to any of the actual athletic fields and/or the stadium :tongue:

• Like 1